12 Week Scan

sophie

Mum of 2 pg with no3!
Reaction score
Hi ive just come back from the midwife and shes booked me in for my 12 week scan for the 9th july! Im bit worreid though cos i dont think ill be 12 weeks by then but shes adament that i will be, an not to worry, but i cant help it, if im not 12 weeks when i have scan then i wont relax if this makes sense!
Anyway everything else ok!
xx

Well what will you be?
Hey youre lucky- I had one scan at 7.4 weeks at the EPU and then I had to wait til I was 15 weeks almost, before I had another one. The 15 week scan I had was the equivelent to your 12 week (IE: Dating scan) So if I hadnt of had the scan at 7 weeks, I wouldnt have got one til I was almost 4 months gone.
Im sure everything will be fine tho.

good luck Sophie, im sure everything will be ok. I had my scan at just over 11 weeks and got fab pictures.

Its not to far away, hopefuly it will fly by for you

x

Good luck Sophie .. sure everything will be fine.

Gl sweetie i've had a 10wk scan and pics came out fine!!

xxx

Im just worried that ill be 11 weeks and not make it to 12 weeks i just wanted to be over 12 weeks then i can relax i did explain this to the MW but she thinks ill be further than 12 weeks when i have the scan even though i had a scan last week an i was only 7 wks+, im tryin so hard to stay positive but im findin it harder an harder!
I feel quite down this week!!
Sorry if i sound selfish or silly just needed to get it off my chest!
xx

Im just worried that ill be 11 weeks and not make it to 12 weeks i just wanted to be over 12 weeks then i can relax i did explain this to the MW but she thinks ill be further than 12 weeks when i have the scan even though i had a scan last week an i was only 7 wks+, im tryin so hard to stay positive but im findin it harder an harder!
I feel quite down this week!!
Sorry if i sound selfish or silly just needed to get it off my chest!
xx
I felt the way you're feeling all through my first trimester and partly through my second, so I can relate totally.
I was convinced something was going to go wrong, in fact, I still worry about it but who doesnt? you dont sound selfish at all, this is your baby and naturally you're goin to panick a little bit.
If you really dont want to go for the scan at 11weeks, push for it to be held off until youre further along, and keep telling the MW/DR's of your concerns.
The thing is tho, they may not scan you til youre atleast 15 weeks if you tell them you wish to have a later scan, and then you may worry more and more.
Thats exactly what happened to me.
Either way tho, Im SURE you'll be fine. x x

I felt the way you're feeling all through my first trimester and partly through my second, so I can relate totally.
I was convinced something was going to go wrong, in fact, I still worry about it but who doesnt? you dont sound selfish at all, this is your baby and naturally you're goin to panick a little bit.
If you really dont want to go for the scan at 11weeks, push for it to be held off until youre further along, and keep telling the MW/DR's of your concerns.
The thing is tho, they may not scan you til youre atleast 15 weeks if you tell them you wish to have a later scan, and then you may worry more and more.
Thats exactly what happened to me.
Either way tho, Im SURE you'll be fine. x x

Thanks Louise for such a lovely post! I have thought about it and im gonna stop worrying (if i can) and just go for the scan on the 9th if im not 12 weeks DH said we could always paye for a private scan if im really worried!
Thanks again!
xx

Soph, can you cancell your scan, say your busy on that day then get one for a week later?

I have done that before, i phoned teh hospital direct

x

Soph, can you cancell your scan, say your busy on that day then get one for a week later?

I have done that before, i phoned teh hospital direct

x

Ooooh no Layla i didnt think of that i might ring them tomorrow an see what they say!
x

Ive changed my scan date to the 16th of july now, i know ill be 12 weeks by then!
Thanks for the help girls!
x

I think you'll be about 12ish weeks hun and I thought I was 12 weeks but it turns out I was 11 + 5 so only 2 days out but got a good clear picture. Not long to go now hun :hugs:

Aww I'm glad you got a date your comfortable with.

I wanted mine earlier :rofl:

Aww I'm glad you got a date your comfortable with.

I wanted mine earlier :rofl:
I remember wanting my dating scan earlier too- atleast I think thats what it was at 15 weeks.
I remember calling the hospital when I was 8 weeks pregnant and asking them what they were playing at for making me wait almost 2 months.
:rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"