12 weeks 6 days - Gender predictions anyone? UPDATE: ANATOMY SCAN NEXT WEEK!

Fancy_Pants

Reaction score
Just had my first ultrasound! Didn't get any clear "nub" shots but the shots I did get are fairly clear. Any guesses on the gender? Heart rate is 156 bpm. Not sure on the angle that the shots were taken at so I'm not 100% on how to interpret the side that the placenta is on (for the Ramzi theory). I do know it's an anterior placenta though. Thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• side full body 2.png
    side full body 2.png
    31.9 KB · Views: 46
  • side face.png
    side face.png
    38.9 KB · Views: 34
  • Side full body.png
    Side full body.png
    29.8 KB · Views: 44
Does anyone think this may be a nub or is it too high? Those are the legs outstretched below it.

Attachments

• nub.jpg
    nub.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 25
Don't know about nub etc but I have 3 boys and none of my scans looked like your lo, so I think girl

The bit you circled is too high, it may be cord:)

The bit you circled is too high, it may be cord:)

Thank you! That's sort of what I was thinking after reading a bit more. I took a closer look at the pic and think I can spot the actual nub. I will post them in a sec. Love to hear your opinion on whether or not it is "the nub". I'm also going to post a pic with my first stab at drawing the lines to determine angle. Please let me know what you think! Thanks again.

Attached are pics of what I now believe to be the actual nub and my attempt at drawing the lines. LO was pretty curled up for the whole ultrasound and even though their legs are outstretched in this shot, the spine is still fairly rounded so I'm not sure if I did the spine line correctly. Would love to hear opinions as to whether or not 1) that is actually the nub; 2) the lines are drawn correctly and; 3) the angle aka predicted gender. Thanks in advance. Much appreciated.

Attachments

• nub angle.jpg
    nub angle.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 26
  • nub circled.jpg
    nub circled.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 27
Anyone have any thoughts on whether or not that's the nub and the angles?

Anatomy scan is in 1 week. Any last minute guesses? I realize that the first pics I posted are a bit small to really make out much detail. The edited ones I posted on March 3rd in this thread are larger. Heartbeat ranges from 135-150 bpm these days.

So hard to see anything on the scan it's so grainy when enlarged!!

That said I'll guess girl but it's just a guess :)

I think girl. Just because scan looks totally different to both of my boys. I can't make out a clear nub.

Thanks for all the guesses! Just got the verdict today. It's a BOY!!! A big, healthy, active boy. I had a hunch but wasn't sure.

Congrats, while looking at the pics I guessed boy. Wasnt sure about the nub or not but his face looked manly. heehee

Thank you! And I agree, the really clear profile shot looks EXACTLY like his Dad. My ultrasound photos (both 12 and 20 week ones) definitely weren't the best and made guessing difficult. The techs here won't give you a potty shot or even a useful side view photo and are very sneaky when doing the "show and tell" during the ultrasound. I definitely drove myself crazy trying to get a hint of the LOs gender over the last few months. Super glad to have found out and extra happy that the Drs are so confident in their prediction. I was dreading any sort of answer with only a 60-70% certainty attached to it.

Boy lean. My sons nub imaged a lot higher then I would have expected so I don't think that's too high at all. To me it looks like stacking in the last image :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->