12 wk scan pics (UK)

lipsty

Pregnant with #1!
Reaction score
Not really an urgent question, as I guess I'll find out at my scan, but do they give you printouts or a disc? Do you have to ask for pictures or will they give them to you automatically? Do you have to pay if you want more than one or two?

TIA! xx

my hospital is just pics and u donate a £1 and u would have 2 ask for how many u would like. i dont think they do discs but i know u get a disc if u go private...hope this helps xx

my hospital is just pics and u donate a £1 and u would have 2 ask for how many u would like. i dont think they do discs but i know u get a disc if u go private...hope this helps xx

Thanks! I'm not going private, just good old NHS :) I guess that people must take pictures of their printouts to put online then. xx

It's different with every hospital. I was living in Surrey when we went for my 12 week scan with my daughter. There they make you pay £3 for a token. Each token gives you one scan photo, and you are only allowed a maximum of three photos, no matter how much you're willing to pay for more tokens.

I bought the full allocation of three tokens (£9), expecting to be given three pics, but I went away with six; the lady told me not to tell anyone though; I think she printed too many by accident :)

The 21 week scan was the same; I bought the three tokens, but the lady accidentally gave me the entire file full of all the photos they took from the scan, so I had about 30 pics; but mostly of her skull and heart measurements - not really something you would show to people, lol.

The photos we got for our 12 and 21 week scans were all photos, not discs. I have a scanner and I scanned them into my computer. Most people do just take a photo of the picture and upload it to the internet, but if you know someone with a scanner, it's a much clearer picture. For our 4D scan, which we went private for, we got a DVD of video, which we had to make snapshots of, because there were no actual still photos.

It should say on your appointment letter what the procedure with the scan pics in the hospital is. Ours were £3, and we were only allowed 1, we had to ask our ultrasound technician for one, but she wasn't the most pleasant of women anyway! xx

I had an nhs scan at 7w4d and they gave us 2 photos. Can't wait till the next one x

Here you have to pay £5 per picture! They don't do disks either but we got a disk and loads of pictures from a private scan at Babybond.

My local hospital charge £4 per picture.

it was £3 a pic & you could have as many pics as you wanted with my daughter this time i have no idea as its a different hospital in a different area i cant even check on letter because this hospital apparently dont send letters out to those mums who are not first time mums

Not had a scan this time round but with my son it said "bring a donation because the paper is expensive" I took about £20 because I had no clue only to find most people were just giving like 20P and expecting loads of photos! I think I was given about 4/5 my second scan I got 2 and my 3rd scan was emergency at 35 weeks the man who did it slipped one into my pocket because everything was such a rush :)

I went at 9 weeks and had to pay before i went into the room, £5 each or 3 for £10 lol sounds like an offer tescos do haha. anyway coz of only being 9 weeks we didnt bother, the rather miserable lady said she still could of done a pic but i thought why not wait 4 weeks til im 13 weeks and get a better pic for that money. xx

I went at 9 weeks and had to pay before i went into the room, £5 each or 3 for £10 lol sounds like an offer tescos do haha. anyway coz of only being 9 weeks we didnt bother, the rather miserable lady said she still could of done a pic but i thought why not wait 4 weeks til im 13 weeks and get a better pic for that money. xx

lol thats so funny, i think at mine i only remember doing a wee donation and you get however many pics the sonagrapher can be bothered giving you lol, i was actualy wondering if my partner could take a video with her fone of the scan and would they mind?

I guess I got lucky?
My friend told me to take pound coins to buy tokens, but there was no machine when I got there and then the sonographer just printed out 4 pics for us - no charge. One of them was just the shot of the back of the neck though as we asked for an NT scan.

My midwife said it was £4 for a picture and I have to take the proper change, 4 £1 coins! x

went today got given 2 pics & was just told it was a donation of £2-£3 per pic which we could sort after the scan was done

I'n my hospital you pop £1 into a token machine and that gives you 3 pictures xx

I agree, you need to take the change with you. I took loads of £1 coins with me, and it was a good thing too, because all the cafeterias and gift shops refused to give anyone change from the tills for the parking, so I guess they would have refused to give me change too.

we had to pay £5 per picture, so we asked for 2 pics and the grouch gave us 2 copies of the same picture. we had to take loads of £ coins for the machine. i don't think you get the pics on disk unless you have a private scan xx

well im glad i live in Scotland. I had 17scans in total with Cam and got at least 2 pics per scan except the last scan (it was an hour before he was born so i didnt mind lo) i never paid for any of them lol xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->