128bpm, Boy or Girl?

westbrja

Reaction score
I had a scan done today at 7+1 and altho you couldn't see much more than a yolk sac and a flutter of a heart she could still measure the heartbeat at 128bpm. Just for fun I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the sex based on the old wivestale regarding heartrate and gender.

Fetal heartbeats increase up to 180+ untill 9-10weeks then they slowly start to settle again. The old wives tale states that if your having a boy the heartbeat is usually lower than 150 and higher for girl.... There is no scientific data to back this up. I am having a boy and his heartbeat ranges from 140s to 180s and I think it depends on the activity hes doing ;)

Congratulations on the heartbeat!!!!!!!!

I know the heartbeat can change within mins. It was just cool to see it :D and I thought it would be fun to guess. Lol. Thanks and good luck to you!

I have heard that heartrate can change all the time.....but our little one is always 160+ and we are having a girl

So, 128bpm I am going to say BOY!:flower:

with my first it was always 160 or more and I had a boy...

Also in the first trimester the heart rate of baby is higher. Then this decreases to a lower baseline as the nervous system matures :) So it can start off 160 baseline then settle down to 130 later in the pregnancy for example. Definately confuses those people who beleive in the old wives tale. :)

Caitlyn's heartbeat was always 120-135 :) So I'll say girl!

Lol my babys heartbeat is always 162+ and he is a boy. My last sons hb was 136ish (taken by mw as didnt have my own doppler with him) so the old wives tale really is just that lol congrats on a healthy heartbeat though hun :D xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"