12DPO BFP after being on the pill for 10 years!

RachelWA

Reaction score
I am still in shock as I write this, but I finally got my BFP this morning with clear blue digital test!
I tested as early as 8dpo and tested every day but kept getting BFN then last night I did a test with a cheap test I bought online (oracle fertility) and it had the most faint line I could barely see it but it was definitely there! So this morning I tested at 12dpo with the clear blue digital and got a BFP saying 'Pregnant 1-2 weeks' I am
So excited because I thought I might not be able to conceive since being on the pill for over 10 years! I went off the pill in April and truly believe this cycle was the first time I ovulated, before that I was having irregular periods and extremely moody and tired all the time! I decided to buy some fertility strips online and came across the oracle fertility website and bought some! When I finally got a positive OPK I was happy to know my body was functioning normal again! :)
We bedded ALOT that week, every day 4 days before ovulation and twice on ovulation and then every day for another 3 days after ovulation!
I have no symptoms apart from headaches, also last week I felt pinching weird pains in my lower tummy right after ovulation. I have been charting my BBT and have had very high temps since ovulation and then a slight dip at 10dpo (maybe implantation) then a huge rise again! My temps are way higher than my ovulation temps and they say if your temps stay high for 15+ days then it's a good chance your pregnant!
Anyway sorry for rambling on, kist wanted to give hope to anyone who has been on the pill and suffering with irregular periods!
Good luck to everyone and I hope my little bean sticks! Xx

Thank you! :)
Well according to my pregnancy app 30th May... My last period started 24th August so I am super early! X

Thanks everyone!
I dont have any symptoms yet, just a headache and every now and then a mild pinching pain, but no cramps, no morning sickness... Should I be feeling more symptoms or still too early?

I know this is an old thread but I just would like to say thanks for sharing your story, as I have been on BC since conceiving my youngest 10 years ago. Switched from pill to shot to IUD and back to pill, but have primarily been on the pill. I'm TTC #3 and have been worried that it won't happen for me :nope: Congrats on your success!

Congratulations!! :wohoo: I wish you a very happy and healthy 9 months!

Congratulations! Happy and healthy 9 months! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"