12m+ Mums

Stef

Mummy to Olivia & PG #2
Reaction score
Olivia is now 16 months and shes wicked, She really is, I honestly thinks she just tries to see how far she can push me each day

Shes does things constantly that she knows is naughty. When chaging nappies etc she tries kicking me in the face, she tried to stamp food into the carpets. She tips her juice upside down and tries shaking it so it goes all over her, she just whinges and plays up all day. She now wont eat her dinner/tea

When i pick her up from Nursery and they tell me what she's been like its like they are decribing a different child and when she goes to mams etc shes fine so I know its just with me. I really dont know what to do. Kinda feel like im failing

Im at the end of my teather, the little girl who used to laugh & play has just changed in the last few months

Have any have you found this since your little one reached 12+ months. Please tell me its just their age and it passes.

It's just a stage, she is pushing you because she's becoming more independent, she needs to know where her boundaries are. Just stand your ground, don't let her get away with something one time then the next time get onto her for it, it will just confuse her. Make sure she knows what she's doing isn't ok,everytime. She will start listening more to you, itjust takes time sometimes

Kaya can be like this sometimes, remember that she understands a lot more than you think. I kneel down in front of Kaya, take her arms and tell her that what she's doing is naughty. If she keeps it up I remove her and put her on the sofa before distracting her with something else (even if it's just cbeebies lol)

have you tried taking her to the park? painting?drawing? playdough? playing with water etc?

i find if rhys is left to play with 'toys' he gets bored and starts acting up

Muahaha same ages ..

Caitlin screams AT me
Takes a fit when I have to take something off her has even had the whole slam to the floor thing happening now & then
Smacks herself in the head frustrated
Says NO before we even do then crys
Runs away when she knows shes getting her nappy done
Has took a bite at me with full on teeth once and OH once. This was the very few times shes been smacked (hand)! She marked the skin :shock:

OPens the changing boxes - will not listen to no keeps trying and trying testing patience when Im trying to change Megan!

Sam is the sam he is a little bugger x
If i tell him no he runs into the wall head 1st :dohh:
and he runs off wen he as to get ready/dressed and at nappy time :blush:
he used to be soooo good but now he is a little monster x

I try all sorts with her. Its been my first day off work this week so I thought we could play in the garden with her sand and water table and she was far more interested in trying to pour the water over me or trying the pull my whirlie pole over and grab the washing off it.

We go to the park when im not at work weather depending, we go swimming to soft play etc, swimming shes fine, soft play shes ok but tantrums alot if she cant go on the big things and get her own way but I guess any one does that.

She seems to be much better behaved for daddy too :'(

im hoping its something she is going to grow out of but she's really pushing me at the mo. You dont know hopw releaved I am to hear Caitlins just the same Wobbs. lol

x

oh dear my little man is just the same its just their age i think he sometimes tries bitting but if told no he listens but for most things he ignores me!!!

turning the telly on and off throwing food on the floor hitting people on the head is another

the list is endless really is just be firm with them shouting and screaming does nothing IMO lol

Callums exactly the same.

He bites, kisses you first mind then goes in for the kill.
He was brushing my hair yesterday then started whacking me on the head with the brush.
He throws things at you and if you give him wrong he hits you in the face!

He was sitting next to nicole tonight when she was eating her tea and just latched onto her hair and wasnt half giving it a good yank, nic was in tears.

Im sure they'll all grow out of it soon enough, i can never remember nicole being as naughty mind.

IMO they get worse before they get better:muaha:

*runs off before being lynched*

Lilys already showing signs of this! I'm in for it!

lilly is turning into a little monster just now screaming the house down kicking and hitting, she started screaming when being fed at around 16months, and we found the best way to get her to eat her meals was to limit snacks, give juice after the meal or once shed eaten most of it and to let her feed herself - she'll make a right mess but it may make it a more enjoyable experience for everyone involved

:hugs: hun

As Kaci said they get worse before they get better, just wait until you are stood in the middle of the high street arguing with a 2 year old :blush:

Caitlin is 2 1/2 and she is a pure little sod!

She hits and pushes people all the time (not just kids but us)
She screams and chucks herself on the floor if she cant have her own way
If you ask her to do something she shouts no and will do the opposite

I actually get into arguments with her! :shock: I said to OH just the other night that I can't believe that I stood in town and argued with a 2 year old just coz she didn't want to walk :blush:

I honestly don't know when it will be over hun but Caitlin started the 'terrible 2's' at about 20 months :( and she is still going through them now

Big :hugs: xxx

As Kaci said they get worse before they get better, just wait until you are stood in the middle of the high street arguing with a 2 year old :blush:

I actually get into arguments with her! :shock: I said to OH just the other night that I can't believe that I stood in town and argued with a 2 year old just coz she didn't want to walk :blush:

I honestly don't know when it will be over hun but Caitlin started the 'terrible 2's' at about 20 months :( and she is still going through them now

I've done that to hun argued with a 2 yr old in the middle of the street, i still do it sometimes but its cos she wants to go on a ride they have loads of them where i live in the middle of the town.

It does get better hun, could you try doing the naughty step or naughty rug say if you don't want to be her on the stairs, has someone else said they understand alot more then they show. my youngest has only just turned one and she is has been pushing my buttons since she was about 9 10 months old.

Aiden is the same way and has been since he was about 9 months old. I just make sure that everytime he does something bad, he gets in trouble for it, and I don't make it wrong one day and then okay the next (consistency). I don't know when this stage will end, but I'm expecting it to get worse before it gets any better. I'm just dreading it when his little sister is born.

I've done that to hun argued with a 2 yr old in the middle of the street, i still do it sometimes but its cos she wants to go on a ride they have loads of them where i live in the middle of the town.

It does get better hun, could you try doing the naughty step or naughty rug say if you don't want to be her on the stairs, has someone else said they understand alot more then they show. my youngest has only just turned one and she is has been pushing my buttons since she was about 9 10 months old.

We have just recently started 'the naughty couch' anytime she is naughty I sit her on the couch on her own (coz hardly anyone ever sits on the couch in this house lol) and she hates it. She will scream and shout and I just keep putting her back. Eventually when she calms down (sometimes up to 20mins!) I get her to say sorry and tell her why she was put there. It sometimes works but sometimes doesnt.

Last night she actually bit Thomas :( So I put her on the 'naughty couch' and she cried for 30 mins before calming down and going and saying sorry to Thomas.

We have started a reward chart and everytime she is good she gets a sticker, like the other day she walked all the way from my mums to our house (about 1/2 mile) with her reigns and held on to the pushchair the whole time (we have 2 cross 2 busy roads) so she got a sticker on her reward chart, but everytime she is naughty we take it off, it does kinda work for her at the min anyway.

Thanks for the advice :) :hugs: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"