12w5d ultrasound today - nervous

sil

Reaction score
It has finally arrived. In 7 and a half hours, I am having my 12 week (actually 12w5d) ultrasound. I am feeling more nervous than I thought I would. With my DS I wasn't nervous at all, but between his pregnancy and this pregnancy I had a loss. Now all I can think of before an ultrasound is the two ultrasounds I had when I lost my last baby. I had a dream last night that they did the scan and baby was measuring behind with a weak heartbeat. I am both excited to see baby and anxious to get it over with at the same time. Does anyone else have such conflicting feelings about scans?

I'm feeling this way about mine this week despite seeing a heartbeat at 7 weeks. I feel a little reassured that my uterus has started popping out first thing in the morning, but still anxious to get it done!!

I do, but mostly because everybody I know says hurtful things about how early I am. Most of my friends and family do not want me to have this child, so I have literally had people tell me they are praying I lose it. Took everything I had to not punch them square in the jaw. I wasn't worried before that. I have a very positive, go with the flow outlook on life. I will likely have a scan today because I book myself an emergency appointment with my gyn since I had this intense cramp on Sat. I'm scared scared because it's early so I know there is not much to see but yeah. Still scared

YES! I just posted a thread similar to this. I have my 12 week scan on Wednesday. I'm terrified of going in and there not being a baby, even though we saw a heartbeat at 6+3 of 128.

It just seems too good to be true for me. I'm sure your scan will go well and I'm looking forward to the update :)

Hi sil, I'm feeling the exact same way, I have an ultrasound today, I am 8w and feeling very nervous as I had a cp a few months ago. Good luck to both of us! :)

Thanks for the support ladies! I'm so glad I'm not alone in my worries.

Herding I am so sorry people said that to you! How awful :( I wish you a very happy and healthy 9 months.

Sunny, Jackson, and Laura, good luck at your upcoming scans! I'm sure they'll be great. :)

3 hours to go for me!! I will be sure to post with an update. Today is going by sooo slowly

I wasn't nervous with dd, then had a loss, now terrified. It's scary!
I had trouble finding LO with my Doppler this last week so going for a private scan tomorrow. I'm just too scared. I can't wait.
Plus I'm not getting the 12 week cause im doing the fetal dna bloodwork instead. I'm excited my results will be spot on but terrified to be missing a scan.
I'm also afraid I'm going to get addicted to the private place and constantly want scans. :blush:

I was tempted to get a weekly private scan after my 7 week one, I loved it so much! The £90 price tag was the stopper!!

Our local place is $69. Is that comparable?
I told DH it can count as my v-day present.

Aww hope it goes well hun though I'm sure it will. Looking forward to reading your update x

How did you get on Sil?

My scan is tomorrow and I feel sick to my stomach with anxiety. Doesn't help that it's in the same place where I found out out baby had gone :cry:

Scan went well!!! Baby measured 6.7 cm and had a heartbeat of 166. Baby had the hiccups and kept bouncing and kicking his/her feet off of my uterus wall. I'm in love <3

https://i58.tinypic.com/erlydy.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"