12wks and feel like i have been kicked in the stomach!

babygirlhall

Mummy to Josh and Maisie
Reaction score
Hiya girls,
Im 12+2, today and yesterday i have been having lots of aches down low across my stomach but mainly on the left. I have been checking little ones hb and all seems ok. Its hard to get comfy and sleeping last nigh was a night mare, every time i turned over it hurt and i could only lie on one side. Even then i had to stuff quilt under it to support it and that did make it feel a bit better. Its sore when i sit, stand or do anything, its just there all the time. Feels bruised like i have been kicked in the stomach and also sore to touch. Do you think this is growing/stretching pains? Thats what i thought because i had them at 8wks too but this time its a bit worse so starting to think its something else?
I know around 12wks the uterus rises out of the pelvis, could it be that? Feels super sore!
Any advice would be great xx

It could be some sort of ligament pain. I've had it a few times when i move quickly. Thats a pure guess tbh, but i'm sure its nothing serious. If ur worried tho u should phone ur midwife. Have u tried paracetamol?xx

I too am just over 12 wks and I definitely feel sore and needing to stretch more, and also feeling round ligament pain more - like practically every time I move!!

I do sometimes experience discomfort before bed/while sleeping and Ive found that putting a body pillow lengthwise btween my legs helps (I generally sleep on my side). Its long enough that cushions legs but more that it also gives my little pooch belly some support.

I had a similar pain when I had my son. Can't remember how far along I was but rememember phoning the MW to tell her it felt like I'd been kicked in the tummy- she didn't get me in, just told me to monitor it I think x

I have the exact same thing, kind of like a charlie horse in my left side. If I move a certain way too fast, laugh, or even sneeze sometimes I will feel aches. Almost positive that it's just round ligament pain from all the growing baby is doing :flower:

Good luck darling:hugs:
Hiya girls,
Im 12+2, today and yesterday i have been having lots of aches down low across my stomach but mainly on the left. I have been checking little ones hb and all seems ok. Its hard to get comfy and sleeping last nigh was a night mare, every time i turned over it hurt and i could only lie on one side. Even then i had to stuff quilt under it to support it and that did make it feel a bit better. Its sore when i sit, stand or do anything, its just there all the time. Feels bruised like i have been kicked in the stomach and also sore to touch. Do you think this is growing/stretching pains? Thats what i thought because i had them at 8wks too but this time its a bit worse so starting to think its something else?
I know around 12wks the uterus rises out of the pelvis, could it be that? Feels super sore!
Any advice would be great xx

Thanks everyone for your replies, have been reading about round ligament pain and im pretty sure thats what it is. I think i would be more worried if it was painful but its not, its just kinda there like a pulled muscle or something x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->