• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

13 DPO, BFN, Severe cramping left side only

wlovew

Reaction score
It started about 5 hours ago and I was sure AF would follow shortly. I have very achy, distinctly menstrual cramping on my left side only, way over to the left like outside of my utrine area. I went to bed around 11, now it is 2:30 in the morning and the cramps have woken me from a deep sleep. Why only my left side and with pain this bad why am I not bleeding? I was thinking initially when I first felt it that perhaps it's gas pain because it's so far left but it has not moved! It is making me very, very nervous. I got up and took a HPT but it came our negative so that rules out ectopic right???? It would show up positive wouldn't it?? It hurts so bad I could almost be sick. I hope it is trapped gas or something, I am getting really nervous :(

Ectopic can show up on a pregnancy test. And your pain would be REALLY severe, like you're being stabbed, and makes you double over in pain (I've heard.) If it's that bad you should consider going to emergency.

Also when is the last time you went number 2's? Because I've been constipated to the point where I couldn't stand up straight and the pain was making me nauseous. Could it be that?

#2s are pretty regular for me, and yesterday was no exception. Normally before AF I end up with the opposite of constipated but lately before AF I've been getting more constipated-ish. GEEZ, IF MEN ONLY HAD A FRACTION OF OUR MONTHLY ISSUES THEY WOULD NEED DAILY THERAPY!!!!!!!! Had to throw that in....because seriously, this is like monthly torture. Especially when TTC!!! The pain has lessened a lot but it kept me up almost the rest of the night. It's so weird that it's been only on the left side. If it was in the middle, as usual, then I wouldn't be concerned at all because I get some pretty heavy cramps with AF sometimes. I was really freaking out last night thinking I might lose a tube or something, I mean REALLY freaking out. Whatever is causing the pain I'm about to take some of my Chinese Slimming Tea to get my stuff moving which should fix me if that's the problem!!! Another tea that is great for constipation is called Smooth Move, it's organic and works wonders!!! But hopefully my morning coffee and breakfast is all it takes. Sheesh lol.

oh yea i hear you with that on the constipation. its opposite for me too before af and during af. i had left side (onesided) cramping that led to my bfp at 8 dpo but it wasnt painful at all. it was more nuzzly and it was quick to go as soon as it came. as my pregnancy progressed though, my one sided pain got more obvious from 4 weeks to 6 weeks on a daily basis. but i did not have an ectopic pregnancy(although i worried horribly) as an ultrasound at 8 wks 6 days showed baby was in my uterus all snug and chill. baby is doing fantastic!

but yes, ectopics show up on pregnancy test because hcg is released once the baby implants somewhere and unfortunately sometimes its in the fallopian tubes or somewhere else outside of the uterus. if your pain is that severe and has stayed for that long, you might want to go to the emergency room. ectopic pregnancies normally dont get pain related symptoms until later, like 5-8 weeks along, but sometimes theres no pain at all(which isnt common but still happens). i get severe pains like this morning i had horrible pains i was so scared something was wrong with baby because they almost kept me from getting dressed and moving but it ended up being gas(thankfully) i also get bad pains if i hold my urine in for too long but nothing as bad as trapped gas pains! i started to almost cry because the pain was so bad.

I am definitely NOT pg, all HPTs are negative. It must be a digestive issue, but the pain is still there in the exact same spot just not as sharp and scary as it was at 2am! It feels like intense menstrual cramps but just in the wrong damn spot. It's actually in the area of where your sigmoid colon is. Um, sorry for the TMI, but I've been to the restroom now and the pain hasn't moved lol WTF? At least it's not as bad as it was last night. More central cramps have kicked in but AF is still nowhere to be seen. F'ing witch!!!! I am ready to start a new cycle!!!!!! Ready for my next attempt!! lol

hopefully its nothing serious but id still see a doctor just in case, dont want to let anything progress since nothing seems to be helping so far at home. feel better!

I would see a dr for an ultrasound as perhaps its ovarian cysts bursting? I know that can cause a lot of pain.

Thanks gals! My mother was plagued with cysts so I was thinking maybe that could be the culprit! Come Monday if it's still bothering me I'm calling my doc first thing!!!

The dirty witch appeared, yahooooo!!!! Trying out an Instead softcup so I can get a feel for them. Not bad!!! I don't use tampons anymore because they are so uncomfortable but I can't feel this thing much at all. I tried to bear down and push it out (sorry, TMI LOL) and it started to come out, along with some blood, so I know if I sneezed it probably wouldn't go well with one of these. Wearing a pantyliner along with it just in case! Neat idea and better than wearing a big pad. Although I LOVE Kotex Ultra Thin pads, won't use anything else!

:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"