13 DPO: BFN yet brown/pink cm...

RosieS84

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm new to this forum and have jumped on to the TWW. I'm currently 13 DPO: I have been taking a bit of notes on how my body has been since I have had sex with my husband around time of ovulation. I have had days where I have had a heap of watery cm to the point it felt like I wet myself to 11 DPO/12 DPO where I had creamy cm. 12 DPO my cm was creamy/pinkish brown in knickers and when I wiped.

Today at 13 DPO, I took a test with FMU and it was BFN. Later during morning tea I went to the bathroom and when I wiped there was a lot of brown/pink cm on the toilet paper. I put a pad on and continued my day with some cramping. Later in the afternoon there was just a small streak of brown cm on the pad and I was dry when I wiped. This evening, I'm still dry.

When I get my period usually it is watery pink when I wipe or the bleeding starts heavily. I only get brown cm when my periods finish.

I have looked on Google to see if other ladies have had something similar but I can't seem to get a definitive answer for a BFP or if it is a lead up to periods starting.

Anyone else in the same boat? I will give updates every day until 21 DPO (10/11). I might test again around the 4 of September if my periods don't show up.

First off, hi and welcome!! It's good to have you here! :dance:

Hmm, not really sure about it all, but I would say that spotting at 12dpo could possibly be a little late for it to be implantation bleeding, especially since it increased the next day; you say there was a lot of spotting when implantation bleed should usually just be a really really light bleed. And at 13dpo, I feel like there should be at least some hint of a line rather than a clear BFN, but you are never 100% out until AF arrives!

When is your period due? I don't want to be negative & my fingers are absolutely crossed for you that I'm wrong & you get your BFP, but if I had to make a guess based on what you've said, I'd say that AF is slowly approaching! :-k

Are you trying for your first babe? & how long have you been TTC so far? <3

Hi Pineberry,

Thank you for your lovely response. I'm due either 1st or 4th, I give a wiggle room of 28 to 35 days. Though my cycle for three months was smack on 28 days. Last month it was 34 days. This is the first and we have been trying for five years.

Last month I decided to take it seriously and chart how my body goes.

An update: Just went to wee, wiped myself and had thick pink cm. A part of me hopes it isn't my periods since I normally get watery pink cm but the logical side of me thinks my periods is on her way.

Aww love. I'm sorry to hear that your TTC journey has been this long already. I can't even begin to imagine; I'm only on my second month trying and already feeling impatient! Hoping the best for you & wishing you the BFP that you've been waiting for so long!! Have you been to a fertility doc and looked into what the underlying cause might be? Only if you don't mind me asking of course. <3

Your spotting sounds exactly like what I have before AF arrives (the 3-4 days leading up to it). Really hope it isn't though. Keep us updated! :hugs:

Hello!
So, if you’re just now having implantation bleeding, there’s not going to be enough hcg in your urine for it to come up positive for at least 2-3 days after the spotting stopped. Spotting at 12/13dpo is a good sign because it truly could be just implanting a few days later than expected. I’m not sure when you expect your period but try testing again in a few days! Hcg doesn’t start going up until implantation!

UPDATE: My periods have started. I got up to go to the toilet this morning and saw the bright red when I wiped. I feel silly making my account but I will be back. I thought I update as I don't want to be one of those people who start a thread and leave it because most likely periods started.

I'm taking this month to get a bit healthier and try to lose some weight.

This month is a 27 day cycle. Last month it was 34 days, three months previous 28 days.

Good luck with your TWW.

Sorry Rosie! I feel like I’m in a similar stage right now. Period length varies between 26-35 days and I’m one cycle past a miscarriage so who knows what’s going on! But I’ve been expecting my period for the last few days and have bfn. No spotting but cm is off from normal at this point. Good luck next cycle!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->