13 month old gets hit/picked on by other kids

bananaz said:
Most 11-13 month olds I know don't hit or steal toys, they are passive just like your daughter. The "bad" behaviors develop in the subsequent months as they develop AR th idea of object ownership as well baby's ocial awareness of other babies.

My wouldn't onth old takes toys from other babies a lot, :( he's always snatching stuff away from them. I guess I wasn't too worried about it, but maybe I should be correcting him? Will he even understand being so young?

By steal toys I mean actively go up to other kids and take items because they think it belongs to them or they don't want the other kid to have it. I think it's pretty normal for younger babies to grab at whatever they see even if it's in another baby's hands, but the motivation is different iykwim. I wouldn't correct it at that age either.

Oh, that makes sense! Thanks :)

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgur...=A4hNUsXDK5HA9QTov4HADg&sqi=2&ved=0CDgQ9QEwAw

sorry this website hates me. I guess I'm a horrible parent because I don't really correct until they are two. I just distract.

That is awesome overcomer, thank you for sharing it :) why would you say you're a horrible parent? We are all here doing right by our kiddos and sharing our experiences and that is a great thing!

That is awesome overcomer, thank you for sharing it :) why would you say you're a horrible parent? We are all here doing right by our kiddos and sharing our experiences and that is a great thing!

I guess because judgement passed ya know? With dd, I feel right now that's the only way she can really communicate. She can talk but at her age I don't really expect her to loose her frustration. I just think everyone's styles are so different. Also dd can't walk yet and it just feels so wrong to put her in time out when she's not even walking. I guess it's hard for me to class her as a toddler when she's not walking lol

I totally understand. Distraction is probably the most effective tool at this age. DD isn't walking yet either and we use 'no' and 'time out' for dangerous things but not sure they accomplish anything at all. I suspect 'no' does because she responds to it, but all time out does is give her a chance to snuggle, which she probably loves. We pick her up, put her in our laps, and hold her hands still so she is probably thinking... Wow, this is cool! She does scream when she gets pulled away from whatever she was holding onto :p

:haha: we will say "Ginny, no!" and she turns and goes "huh?" lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->