13 months and still not walking

cutedimples

Reaction score
My LO was commando crawling from 6 months & at 12 months she crawled full on. She turned 13 months yesterday and still cant stand alone or walked either.

Any1 else's LO also still not walking??? I know babies develop differently but im just wondering

17 months and still not so really, I wouldn't worry x

Sorry for short reply, lo was asleep on me.

He has been crawling properly since 14 months but can't stand on his own and still isn't fab at walking with support. He was a bum shuffler though and bum shufflers tend to walk later. With my lo, I think it's just a confidence thing.

Seriously, sounds like your lo has found a fab way to get around (crawling) and is reluctant to try another lol x

DS1 & DS2 were both just turned 13 months old when they walked, however, DS3 was almost 19 months!
He never cruised with furniture or attempted to walk, he just sat there, then one day he just got up and walked! He's now 12 and still won't attempt things unless he's confident he can do it.
X

Hi

My DS crawled at 12 months and walked at 16 months. He didn't stand until about 15.5 months.
I think he just got very comfortable crawling and became very good and quick at it!!!

Please don't worry. I was but shouldnt have... There will be no stopping your LO when she decides to walk!! Haha!

Mine was crusing on furniture since around 8 months but only this past week she started walking without support. I still would say she prefers to "walk" on her knees as she's faster that way but she can definitely walk when she wants to.

All babies develop different though. In the end they will all walk :)

Harrison is 17 months old and still not walking. He didn't crawl till 12 months. I wouldn't worry it will happen soon enough

This thread is reassuring. Not for my LO (who actually didn't walk until 13.5 months) but for my niece who is 1 on Sunday and still doesn't even crawl. She kind of rolls around. She doesn't put weight on her legs. We were wondering if now was the time to get worried but it seems like some babies haven't walked until much later so there's hope x

My lo didnt crawl till just over eleven months and still isn't walking. He can cruise confidently but mostly refuses to walk with me. He's at that stage where he doesn't like help so I think he's waiting till he's confident to do it himself.

He didn't pull himself up to standing till around 13mo. My HV was worrying at his 10mo check and said if he wasn't pulling to stand by a year old she would be considering a referral. I knew he'd get there so I'm glad they didn't push it.

This thread is reassuring. Not for my LO (who actually didn't walk until 13.5 months) but for my niece who is 1 on Sunday and still doesn't even crawl. She kind of rolls around. She doesn't put weight on her legs. We were wondering if now was the time to get worried but it seems like some babies haven't walked until much later so there's hope x

Joni didn't crawl until 2 days before 1st birthday. She bum shuffled a couple of times, it was completely coincidence if she actually reached anything she wanted though. She really never moved a whole lot at all until the week she was one. I think she rolled once or twice at 8 months and then not again until 10 months or something! She didn't pull up till nearly 14 months either.

Obviously, it's worth asking the question if you're worried. But to me Joni is just following a bit of a 'slower' schedule and I can see she's fine. She's getting a lot steadier on her feet now and just last week she learnt to climb the stairs.

OP, it's too early to start worrying as others have said. It's always worth asking your HV if you're worried because they are best placed to assess your LO, but it's definitely not a problem not to be walking for ages yet!

My girl didn't walk until 18 months. YES, 18 MONTHS!! :haha: Her ped was ready to put her in physical therapy. She's great with walking and running now! It's hard not to worry, but they DO get there eventually.

13 months is still fairly early days, my DD walked at 16.5 months (didn't bear weight on her legs until 12 months) but cottoned on VERY quickly and there was no stopping her after that :thumbup:

My DD didn't walk until she was 18 months, I wouldn't worry about it, they walk when they are ready :flower:

My baby is just a year old, and although she's taking some halting steps now, I'm convinced she's only doing it because the daycare has been working overtime to get her to walk. If not for that, I'm certain she would be perfectly happy still crawling and cruising (and that would be perfectly OK with me). I really think early walking is overrated.

My LO was commando crawling from 6 months & at 12 months she crawled full on. She turned 13 months yesterday and still cant stand alone or walked either.

Any1 else's LO also still not walking??? I know babies develop differently but im just wondering

dd is soon to be 15 months no walking. Her pediatrician is going to put her in physical therapy next month if she isn't stepping at least three steps :/

My daughter couldn't stand alone or walk at 13 months, she didn't even try. She started trying to walk around 15 months. Before that she used to crawl really quickly everywhere instead and now she runs everywhere!

My daughter didn't walk on her own until she was 16 months! She'd push her walker around and all but preferred to crawl up until then. She's completely fine. :)

Willow stood alone, as in I'd put her in a standing position and she wouldn't fall over at 14 months.

She started pulling up on things to stand at 15 months.

She took her first steps at 17 months.....then learned how to stand up herself without pulling up on things....

I wouldn't even begin to worry until 18 months at the earliest, even then it'd just be something Id start trying o encourage more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"