13 Vials of Blood!

mami2karina

Mami of 3~Expecting #4!
Reaction score
I think the lab is supplying Dracula with my blood today lol. I got an order from my OB for recurrent loss testing and blood clot testing about 2 weeks ago, but with the weather and me and the kids being sick I hadn't had a free minute to go. So when I went in for my 1st Beta and progesterone level I had those labs done too. They took 13 vials of blood from me! I sat down and she asked me "how are you with blood draws? Do you need to lay down?" I said "no why?" and then I saw all the tubes lol. They did 4 BIG ones with red and black rubber tops, 5 blue topped tubes and 4 purple. I will have the beta and progesterone levels back either at 4pm today or 9am tomorrow, the others I won't have til next week. I'm getting excited again, finally. I really thought I was going to die after my m/c. I'm finally feeling like there is a reason to go on again.

I had 13 vials taken a few months ago and I almost lost my cookies! I'm glad it's not something I have to have done all the time.

I hope that you're results come back great!

Wow thats a lot of blood! Hope the results come back soon great :hugs:

Wow, hope they gave you some iron tablets after that! That's tonnes!

That sounds like your thrombophilia screen (clotting) I used to hate taking them.

I'm not sure what all they tested for exactly! But I am waiting waiting waiting on results lol. We are in the middle of a blizzard right now so my OB is closed. I am really hoping they're open tomorrow so I can get my results from yesterday and get my 2nd beta done. But so far so good. Started the Prometrium last night so I'm feeling really positive about this one!!! And I'm watching my Dollar Tree tests get darker everyday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->