13 Vials of Blood!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by mami2karina, Jan 31, 2011.

1. mami2karina

mami2karina Mami of 3~Expecting #4!

So I went in for my 1st Beta and progesterone level this morning and also had a lab req for recurrent loss and blood clot testing from a couple weeks ago. The weather has been bad here and the kiddos and I have been sick so I didn't have a free minute to go do those. So I get back there and she drew 13 VIALS OF BLOOD. OMG! Never had that much done before. But it will be worth it. I will have the 1st Beta and progesterone back either late this afternoon or at 9AM tomorrow, the rest won't be back for a week. I did great though and didn't pass out! Didn't even have to lay down. Hoping this is the start of a beautiful, healthy pregnancy!!!!

2. KatieMRi

KatieMRi Well-Known Member

I would have passed out on no3, well done lol

3. darkNlovely

darkNlovely Guest

wow 13 is alot. i hope all goes well!

4. ciarhwyfar

ciarhwyfar 3 time Mum

I know how you you feel. I had my first blood draw last week and also needed a vial for a different test so I did them at the same time. They took 12 for me. Glad I don't have to do that for every appointment.

5. mami2karina

mami2karina Mami of 3~Expecting #4!

Now I'm very anxiously awaiting my results and we're suppose to get 12-18 inches of snow tonight! UGH! With my luck my Beta won't be back til morning and they'll be closed :(