13 weeks scan

mummynummy

Reaction score
I be 13 weeks and 4 days tomorrow for my scan do I need a full bladder as the letter don't say anything

Yes you usually need a full bladder. Often you have to drink 4 tall glasses within half and hour one hour before your appt. I would just give the place a call and ask them as some do it differently. But that is what i had to do for mine at 12 weeks.

Yeah I think I should. This is a new hospital I'm going to so maybe its different. Hopefully it still open xx

Maybe call and ask or just drink and they'll have you pee if you don't need it that full. I never had to have a full bladder for any of my scans and always had to give a urine sample before the scan, so mine was always definitely empty and never any problems getting good scan pics. Places just differ on what they want you to do. GL

I be 13 weeks and 4 days tomorrow for my scan do I need a full bladder as the letter don't say anything

No you dont, i had a scan at 11 weeks and had a full bladder and was told to go empty it, i had a scan also at 7 weeks and had to drink loads to see the baby

At my 12 week ultrasound, they had me drink 12-16oz, a half an hour before.

I think it's different from place to place and I think the practice in the US seems to be different to UK. From what I have previously seen anyway, I could be wrong! I had my 12 week scan for baby #2 on Monday and didn't need a full bladder and it stated so on my scan letter. The same in my last pregnancy too. We could see baby well and I hadn't really had a lot to drink that morning. As PP's have said though, maybe give them a call just to make sure. Or go prepared with a full bladder and if it's not needed you can always nip to the loo :) xx

Thank you ladies, I just go with a full bladder. Gonna be a fun ride takes 40mins to get there as I'm going to oxford john radcliffe hospital. I could take a water bottle and drink it on the way as it take so long. Really looking forward to it :D

My letter says to have a full bladder x

I was told 1 pint half an hour before, was fine and I am overweight, no problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"