• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

13 yrs of trying and now BFP!!! (UPDATE)

Alacransita84

Reaction score
Hi All. New here and just wanted to share with you all my story. Me and my husband have been TTC for 13 yrs. After many years of trying I figured I just could not conceive. I never went to any fertility doctors as I figured that would be way out of our price range. About 2 years ago AF showed lasting only a few days. A few days later it was as if AF showed back up and way heavier along with very bad pains in my side. It was horrible. This went on for almost a week. The pain was so horrible I called and made an appointment with a gynecologist. They did a blood draw and I got a call a couple days later and was told I was either pregnant or having a MC as my hcg levels were high. I happened to have a PT at the time so right after getting the call I went and tested. It came up negative. I went in for another blood draw 2 days later and it was confirmed that it was a chemical pregnancy. It has now been 2 years since the chemical and a few weeks ago my breasts became very sore to the touch. They felt bruised. Did not have any pain at all in the nips. Thought that was a little weird, but did not even think about pregnancy. A little over a week ago I started spotting very light pink. This went on for 3 days and on day 4 I had a little bit of brown spotting. Day 5 I woke up and checked and there was no light pink or brown spotting. I decided to go ahead and test. I took clearblue easy digital and it quickly read pregnant. I did a little reading online and saw that there have been a few people get a false positive with this same test. I took another clearblue test this morning which is 2 days after the first and I had the same result. Wish I could see a doctor today, but everything in my area is closed for the holiday, so I will be trying to get in to see a doc tomorrow as I want to confirm that I am indeed pregnant and also check my progesterone levels as I feel that could have been the problem for the chemical preg. last time. Keeping my fingers crossed as Me and my husband have wanted this for so long. We are super excited. My husband already has 2 children from his teenage years. They are already teenagers, but this would be my first child. So happy as I am going on 32 this year.

Massive congratulations!! Hope you have a healthy and happy 9 months :) x

Amazing news!! Congratulations. I know what it's like to try for a long time. Took me 8years to get my first now I'm 7weeks from having number 2. Hope you have a happy healthy 9 months.xx

Thank you all so much! I just called the doctor and they are not able to get me in until tomorrow. I am hoping that they will be able to estimate a due date from the day my implantation bleeding started as AF has always been weird. AF has been 19 days apart and at times as many as 40 days in between. Congrats on your 2 bundles of joy VickyLou :) Bet you can't wait to meet your new little one.

Congratulations :flower: Happy and healthy 9months to you! :)
Such an awesome news :happydance:

Well, I went to the clinic today. Urine Test came back negative. I started bleeding heavy yesterday afternoon. Bright red. Clots started today. Few small cramps. They did a blood draw and will call me with the results tomorrow. The two hpt's I took were Clearblue easy digital. They both showed pregnant and I took them 2 days apart both upon waking in the morning. My urine could have been diluted when I went to the clinic, or it could be possible that I was never pregnant to begin with. Will see what the results are tomorrow. If the blood test is negative I don't know what to think about Clearblue Easy Digital tests. Then again with my last chemical pregnancy the doctors Urine Test came back negative and the blood test positive. Guess I will just have to wait. If the blood test does come back positive though it is really looking like another chemical :(

So sorry to hear this :hugs:
I hope you get your sticky bean soon. [-o<

I will check for updates about your blood tests.

So sorry. Got everything crossed for you :hugs:

Thank You all for your kind words. The last hpt I took was Monday morning. It was positive. Started bleeding heavy bright red Tuesday. Went to doc Wednesday and the doctor came in and told me the urine test came back negative and that they only use the best. I was told they would call me Thursday (yesterday) with the results. When I did not get a call I figured my blood test came back negative and maybe I was just never pregnant. Well, I got a call this morning. The doctor said my hcg levels came back elevated and she was shocked as she thought it was going to come back nothing. They had me go in at 1 to draw more blood. Went through 4 needles before they got a vein, but they eventually did and said they would have the results Monday. My guess is there will be a drop in the hcg seeing as how I am still bleeding bright red and still pretty heavy. I have not had the severe pain I had with my last chemical, but the off and on headaches have went away and my breasts are no longer sore/hurting.

I am so sorry love... :( I want to reassure you that there is still tons of hope. You are in fact able to concieve, which is good news. But now I think it would be a good idea to talk to your doctor as to why this keeps happening. My heart breaks for you to see a bfp and then have to deal with heartache shortly after. Stay positive and hopeful and keep working towards your miracle baby. It WILL happen. I wish and hope nothing but the best for you and a proactive doctor! ❤

I am so sorry love... :( I want to reassure you that there is still tons of hope. You are in fact able to concieve, which is good news. But now I think it would be a good idea to talk to your doctor as to why this keeps happening. My heart breaks for you to see a bfp and then have to deal with heartache shortly after. Stay positive and hopeful and keep working towards your miracle baby. It WILL happen. I wish and hope nothing but the best for you and a proactive doctor! ❤

Thank you so very much for your kind words. I did follow up with my doctor. He ran some tests and yesterday diagnosed me with PCOS. Starting today I am taking Progesterone pills and Folic Acid 2x a day and Metformin 1x per day. He said for the 1st week to only take 1 Metformin and week 2 to take 2 of them and week 3 move up to 3 per day. I will be going back in 1 month and he said if I am not pregnant by the time I go back to see him he is going to start me on Clomid as well. Now that I know what the problem is it makes me feel hopeful. Me and my husband have wanted this for so long and we are excited to start this process.

So the pregnancy ended in a Chemical and the doctor had me on meds and said he would start me on Clomid if I did not fall pregnant. Well I had last seen him in early October. He asked if I had been taking my folic acid and metformin and I told him yes. That was the whole appointment and was the time he was supposed to start me on Clomid. I guess he decided not to start me on it because he never scheduled me another appointment as he always had before. That was it. I pretty much gave up and stopped the metformin and folic acid and went on with my daily life. Things had been pretty hectic around December and January for me with family and all. Come February 2nd I decide to buy a couple tests as I had been feeling like af was coming on for over a week and it never did and I could not even recall when I last saw af. Took the test and it came back positive. Took another the next morning and it also came back positive. I called and made an appointment. They got me in and took a urine sample. It came back positive. That really surprised me as both the last times the urine tests came back negative and the blood tests positive. I was scheduled an ultrasound to find out how far along I was. The day of the us the baby measured 6weeks and 1 day and there was a heartbeat. I wanted to cry. This was my first time ever hearing a heartbeat. Everything looked great. A week later doctor started me on progesterone as my levels were low as with my chemicals. I was surprised to had made it 7 weeks without progesterone as with my 2 chemicals I did not make it that far due to low progesterone. I had another ultrasound at 9 weeks 1 day. It was measuring at 9 weeks 3 days. Pretty close still. Still a heartbeat and everything still looked great. Baby was even moving around a bit. I am now 12 weeks and everything seems to be going really good this time. Almost past the 1st Trimester. Me and my husband are beyond excited. We are hoping for a baby girl as he has 3 boys from when he was younger. Most of our family and friends think we will have a boy. Either way we are super excited and just want a healthy baby. I am very impatient and the days seems to be going by so slow. We can't wait to find out the gender. I actually paid $7.99 the other day to the gender experts to use the ramzi method to predict boy or girl based on the location of my placenta. The results came back girl. I could not stop smiling, yet I know there is still only a 50/50 chance and I will have to wait to actually find out. Here are my 6w1d and 9w transvaginal ultrasounds.... You can see where the gender experts highlighted my placenta on the 6w1d us.

Attachments

• 3333333333333333333333333333.jpg
    3333333333333333333333333333.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 333333333.jpg
    333333333.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 22
Congrats! I just read up on the past posts and the one from today. I am really happy for you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"