14/15dpo today...Opinions please because Dr. isn't hopeful

RandaPanda

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Please bear with my long post and give me your thoughts <3 Am I way off base here, or is my doctor totally out of touch with pregnancy dating and HCG levels?

I posted my first test on the 7th at what I think was 11 or 12dpo, but I'm following up because I'm very nervous.

I had a miscarriage at 7 weeks on March 17th. I had been getting my betas done, and they were 127 at 13 or 14 dpo last time. 771 6 days later, and then they plummeted to 335 a week later, so I knew I was going to miscarry, which I did a week later.

I got my first post-MC period on Thursday, April 12th, so exactly 4 weeks ago.

My husband and I only DTD on April 24th/CD 13 and I had been having O pain all day. I'm guessing I O'd the next day on CD 14 (but I guess it could have even been later - I don't exactly know how my pain relates to when precisely I ovulate as I'm not temping, doing OPKs, etc.)

I got a faint positive on a dollar store cheapie on May 6th, which would be 11dpo, I think (I never know if dpo starts the day after O day or O day is day 1...)

I went for a blood test midday yesterday at 14dpo (maybe 13) again, and it came back with a level of 234, which I felt was fine based on all my googling.

Today, my doctor called and said that I "only seem to have a moderate rise in pregnancy hormones" and concluded that I may not have a viable pregnancy again (they're sending me for more betas, of course... But not for a week...) :(

I know it's more about the rate of doubling than a number, but I really feel like he is writing me off prematurely, and I'm really upset about it. I was holding out hope, but the idea that a trained professional thinks it's not hopeful really bothers me!

He also told me after my miscarriage that it was like I "wasn't really pregnant, because my HCG of 127 wasn't promising to begin with"

I have always been happy with my doctor up until this point, but I'm finding myself very unhappy with the way he's treating my pregnancies and loss

What do you think? Would you be upset? Do you think my number indicates anything odd, or my days could be off? We really only BDd the one day, so I know I didn't O early in my cycle, or I couldn't have conceived, right?! I just can't calm myself down, because his professional opinion seems misinformed, but it's also terrifying me.

Thanks for reading, and I've attached my test from 3pm today at 14 or 15 dpo... It's still a bit light, I guess :shrug:

Attachments

• IMG_20180510_152830506.jpg
    IMG_20180510_152830506.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 23
Thats definitely a positive. Your doc isn't God and only He knows whats really going on. Lets just pray your next blood tests is amazong results. Everyones tests are so different.

A beta of 234 is excellent for 14dpo. Why is he writing u off when he hasn’t seen the 16dpo results? Can u change doc - he sounds likes he’s lacking in compassion. Sorry about your previous loss. Hopefully this pregnancy will go well for you. Stay positive.

I agree try not to stress hun just wait for the next results and if he isn't giving you the care you want...get a new dr.

Thank you! It's hard because no doctors in our town are taking new patients, and my husband and kids also see him. I'll just try to relax - I wish I could go for another test tomorrow instead of waiting 7 days though :/

Thank you! It's hard because no doctors in our town are taking new patients, and my husband and kids also see him. I'll just try to relax - I wish I could go for another test tomorrow instead of waiting 7 days though :/

yea I know that sucks just take it easy try to keep occupied and treat this as a normal healthy pregnancy until otherwise

Thats great numbers and from what I've read he should be re doing beta in 2 days and not 7 .as hcg doubles every 74 hours or close to . (Foggy head today but google will confirm that one) ....your test also looks strong. They consider here above 5 as pregnant. I think at 11dpo i was about 100 in my first pregnancy and that resulted in my now 13yr old . with your history i would ask if you could get those bloods in 2 days time. He doesn't sound very professional but a lot of drs are clueless when it comes to pregnancy tbh

My beta was 68 at 14dpo and 174 and 16dpo. Both lower than yours and now im 17 weeks. The initial number doesnt tell you much as you know. I think you dr is crazy and should know that as well.

That's definitely positive! I'm sorry your doctor is being unsupportive :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->