14 dpo w/ BFN and AF due tomorrow

asc88

Reaction score
Newbie here ladies! This is our first time ttc. I had no idea I would be this obsessive! It is overwhelming my thoughts all day (and I even have dreams about it every night!). I have been testing twice a day and have not seen anything convincing yet :( I have one more FRER that I am planning on using tomorrow morning. Symptoms are mainly sore (.)(.), spotting, and, fatigue...although hubby says I am having mood swings.

Anyone else in the same boat?

asc, it's crazy how all-consuming TTC can be, isn't it? I never really understood until I began my journey.

For starters, stop testing twice daily! Stick to once daily (FMU), and on from a certain dpo onward. Invest in cheapo dip strips (I buy 50-packs of Wondfos from US Testing on Amazon) so you're not losing an arm and a leg on the overpriced FRERs. My Wondfos picked up a very clear positive at 9dpo this cycle -- and there's no indents to worry about like on FRERs.

The very early pregnancy signs are caused by the same hormone (progesterone) that causes PMS symptoms. You'll notice a lot of overlap, so symptom spotting isn't going to get you far, though it's hard not to obsess. Some cycles your symptoms will be worse. Some cycles, you will notice symptoms you've never noticed before -- that you've probably had many times before, and never paid attention to because you weren't TTC.

Temping can be a good way to track your progress, if you aren't into that yet. :) Sometimes, your temp chart can give you clues as to if you've implanted and are pregnant.

It's all a crapshoot until you get that second line, so hang in there!

I'm 16 dpo today, still no AF. I tested yesterday and will likely test every other day until AF shows. I'm irregular, so it could be a few more days.

Best of luck to you!

Thank you ladies! I am definitely planning on ordering those strips if af comes this month! I would have done it sooner but I had no idea I was going to be this obsessive! After looking things over, I believe I charted wrong so now I am confused! Af was due today and I am having some light spotting but no cramping yet. I had a positive opk on feb 11 and assumed that was the day I ovulated (I know better now!) Hopefully af won't show up tomorrow and I will get that bfp! I will check back in tomorrow! Good luck girls!

Be sure you're using your OPKs correctly, too -- that's another common mistake. Those should not use FMU, but instead be tested for in the afternoon. And, unlike hpts, the test line should be as dark or darker than the control line to be considered a positive. I also get cheap OPKs off Amazon (Babi brand, $13 for 50) so I can test liberally just to make sure I pinpoint the right day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->