14 weeks... Swollen ankles!

Geegees

Mummy to Madalyn :)
Reaction score
Is that normal for only 14 weeks?!? It feels very early! I just imagined it'd be a later thing!?

Is your blood pressure high? Not to scare you hun but you shouldn't be swelling this early on BUT its not like you can't. Sometimes if your blood pressure is high it can cause swelling or if your dehyrated. Sounds like it would make things worse but drink LOTS and LOTS of water and it will help with swelling.

Thanks, yes it's prob dehydration, I've been on a course all weekend so it's been hard to drink cause then I need to wee all the time!! Lol

If it doesn't go down tomorrow I'll call doc. Thanks again. :)

I've had swollen ankles for weeks. I am prone to them and it happens every summer - something to do with rubbish lymph drainage in my legs. I find it gets worse as the working week progresses because I sit on the train to work and then at my desk all day. I try to get up and move around as much as I can but it doesn't make much difference. The only think which helps it go down is to sleep with my feet elevated.

I have low blood pressure and I think I drink about the right amount of water although I shall up my intake and see. I've got a week off work soon and I have every expectation that my ankles will be better.

Oh, and knee-highs make mine worse too I think because it makes the shonky drainage in my legs even less efficient. It's soooooo annoying and uncomfortable!

I swelled at the ankles at 22 weeks, cut down my salt intake, increased my water intake, and haven't had a problem since.

Be mindful of salt intake and drink loads more water!

Thanks everyone, guess it's got a bit to do with the fact I have been sat down all weekend too, I'm usually very active, so maybe it was a shock to the system!! :)

Definitely nothing to be worried about, like I said, just lots and lots of water :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"