15.5 Weeks and Not Really Feeling Baby Yet??

Sherri81

Mom to Greg and Angel Bab
Reaction score
I have a feeling alot of people here are going to tell me not to worry, but I am starting to get a tad bit worried.

Basically, this is my 8th pregnancy. So not my first, or my second... AND I delivered at 6 months in August of 2010. So you'd think my uterus would be pretty stretched by now, and that I would feel things earlier than normal, especially since I conceived about 9 weeks after delivering my daughter.

Now, with Greg, my 3rd pregnancy (1st baby), I felt him start to tap, or kick, a bit at 15 weeks. He was pretty lazy though, and I remember I didn't feel him very much, and pretty much not at all after 21 weeks (he was born at 25 weeks).

With Devon, this last pregnancy, I started feeling swishing around 11-12 weeks, and then by 15 weeks, I was getting periods of time every day, for about half an hour, when she would move tons.

This one... pretty much nada. I had a Sharodkur cerclage placed on the 13th. I had an ultrasound the day before, and the baby was sleeping, but then woke up during the scan, and must have been irritated, because afterwards, I felt it tons. For the rest of the day, I was getting regular squirms and hits.

Since the surgery though... nothing. Every now and then I 'think' I feel a squirm. But its too hard to tell. I did have an ultrasound the day after the surgery, because they were having a hard time picking up the heartbeat on the doppler. The baby was moving tons. I also had a doppler on the Monday, the 17th, before beginning the 8 hour drive home. They found the heartbeat then.

I haven't been seen since. I think I might have felt a single tap from it about 3 dys ago, and nothing since.

I can drink sugary drinks, clean the house, eat something, drink cold water, drink hot tea.... nothing incites any kind of significant movement.

So, should I be worried? If it were my first pregnancy, I wouldn't be. But like I said, 8th pregnancy, and I delivered in August. And I know for a fact that my uterus never shrunk back down to its original size before I concevied again.

I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. I haven't even had the slightest hint of a flutter let alone proper movement.

Have you got a doppler you could use to give yourself a bit of peace of mind? Or otherwise pop up to the hospital to get checked over. If it is daytime over there do you have a midwife you could ring? (I don't know if you have midwives over there like we do though?)

:hugs: I understand your concern. They say every pregnancy is different so maybe this little one is taking his/her time to become active. Would your doctor be willing to see you and take a listen to the heart beat?

Any chance you have an anterior placenta? This is my 4th pregnancy and I don't feel him move nearly the same as I did with the other babies. Or maybe you just have a totally mellow baby. I totally understand where you're coming from though....sometimes I poke at this one just to get him to move.

:hugs: i understand your concerns...:( last tuesday i had convinced myself baby had died and went for an emerency scan ..only to see baby moving round loads and feeling non of it..:blush:
Its hard to relax after a loss, and i'm not sure we ever will till holding our babies... if u are really concerned the only thing that will really rewasure is hearing HB on doppler or getting a scan.. i'm sure u know without me saying baby is still very small and it is unusual to feel movements this early anyway..:hugs:
I'd say get a doppler, but as i have one myself and have times i can't find HB it just throws me into a panic..... fast forwarding time would be good!!!
sorry i'm not much help...
but i don't feel much movement and i concieved 6 weeks after delivery and is my 5th preg too.... try not to worry !! :hugs:... or beg for a scan :blush:

I'm trying not to worry myself. I do have an appointment with my OB tomorrow; my first check up since the stitch was placed. So I know she is going to do an ultrasound. But still.... its almost 24 hours away :(

The thing with calling my GP, is I have had to cancel sooo many appointments with her, and I know she doesn't care personally, because she understands that reasons, but her receptionist is a devil to get past.

The whole thing with the cancelled appointments is this... I knew I was going to be having to have the stitch placed at the beginning of the year. So I put off, and put off, making my first prenatal appointment. But when, at the beginning of the year, I hadn't heard about my surgery yet, I decided to take the plunge and book an appointment, because I didn't want to keep wasting time. So I booked an appointment for a Friday. Then all of a suddne, the hospital called me to tell me they were missing paperwork, so I had to call an make an immediate appointment with my GP to try and get the paperwork sorted. Then the receptionist gave me an evil looked, and asked if I was still keeping the prenatal appointment. So I said yes. Well this was a Monday, and by Monday afternoon, they had booked me in for Wednesday and Thursday of that week. So I had to cancel the appointment. But I booked for a week later, figuring I would be back then. Then my heart messed up while I was in surgery, and they kept me in the hospital to observe me, but even when I was released, I was asked to not leave the coast for another week. So then I had to cancel the next Thursday appointment as well. So now, the receptionist is mad at me, and even though I was calling right after surgery, they wouldn't book me an appointment for another 3 weeks later with my GP. I think she is mad at all the cancelled appointments...

So I don't really feel like I can call up and just ask to get in for a quick doppler. It's kind of unfortunate that it came to this with the receptionist. Cancelling the appointments wasn't what I intended to do.

What's it to the receptionist? It's her job to accommodate patients even if it's not convenient for her. You had good reasons to cancel.

Anyways, hope you find ways to distract yourself for the next 24 hours.

Oh, and I have no clue where my placenta is. I keep forgetting to ask when I get scans. On the scan I had prior to surgery, it did appear to be a boy, so my husband keeps saying it could just be another lazy boy like Greg. But still.... I'm getting... concerned, I guess you could say. And I never did get a doppler for home use. My husband and mom convinced me I would go insane if I couldn't find the heartbeat one day.

Maybe you have an awkwardly placed placenta? Try to remember to ask next time, could be that or maybe your husband is right and you just have a 'lazy baby', some are not very active at all for a while yet.

We are exactly the same gestation and i'm not really feeling much at all yet, the odd sensation that i 'think' was baby but i can't really be sure to be honest, deffinately no pattern at all to any possible movement i've felt ( feel it mostly at night when i lie half on my tummy) but its still just tiny fluttering!

This isn't my first either, will hopefully be my second child but fourth pregnancy in all so i'm thinking maybe i have a lazy one too or an awkward placenta lol

Hopefully you will get a good look tomorrow and that will settle your fears for a while xx

The location of the placenta should be in your file, so you should be able to ask and get a quick answer.

Is it possible that you're not feeling much precisely because your uterus never shrunk back down? That the baby has plenty of room to swish around?
(just a guess, I really have no clue)

I think if you're worried, you should call your Doctor. I always go with my gut.

Best wishes.

I go by the rule 'IF IN DOUBT GET CHECKED OUT!' It is not something that should be messed with. As for the receptionist she should really mind her own business and not make patients feel uncomfortable with ringing if they need too. GL I am sure it is all ok, but can it hurt to put your mind at ease.....

Thank you ladies. After posting this I had another one of those 'is it or isn't it' moments. But I was sitting upright, and hungry.... so who knows! Well if its just lazy, then it will make for an easy baby, which would be nice, lol.

I will just wait and see tomorrow, since it is only.... 18 hours away... Why don't I live in England at times like this? :roll:

Oh, and with the receptionist, she kind of has an issue because my becoming a part of that clinic was not up to her; she had no say in it at all. She is basically the first person you speak to at the clinic... which is full and closed, so she gets to tell everyone who calls 'sorry, she's full. Click.'

Well, after the hoopla with my last Dr, my OB said she wanted me to have a Canadian trained Dr, and there is only one in town, and it just so happened that she had a good personal relationship with her. So my OB contacted my now, GP, and they bypassed the receptionist altogether. So when I called for my first appointment ever, she gave me attitude and said she knew I wasn't a member of this Dr's pratice. Turns out, I was, at the request of my OB. So she's been a bit titchy since...

She sounds like a bitch! Its not her choice who can or cannot join, we have them over here, receptionists that think they are more important than you and like to play God with appointments or the ones that want you to tell them what's wrong before they decide if your worthy of an appointment...how about p*ss off, i'll tell my doctor who has the medical degree thanks!!! lol

Glad your appointment isn't too far away, you got a little 'maybe, maybe not' wiggle which is hopefully baby telling you not to stress out too much!

Good luck tomorrow x

OMG, I thought that was just this receptionist who asked what was wrong before booking!! That was the first thing she said when I booked my second appointment "why do you need to see her? Are you pregnant?" My answer 'yes.' Her reply, "well are you bleeding or in pain?" I was like, 'no, but I thought she'd like to know I was pregnant so she can give me lab reqs for serial beta testing. Now can I see her?'

I've never had a receptionist ask me all of those questions before booking. Especially once they have seen my pregnancy file. They usually never ask, just book.

Lol you must get people like that everywhere, working with doctors must make them think they know better than the rest of us, i hate that!

I usually get 'is it an emergancy?' or 'do you need to see someone today?', makes me laugh, as if i'd call for an appointment with a problem that's going to start next week? They do this when i call for an appointment for my daughter aswell, last time she was very ill and severly dehydrated and they said it wasn't an 'emergancy', complete idiots as she wasn't drinking at all, in the end i argued and got in that day thank God as she was rushed straight to hospital!

I tend to trust myself and if i need to see the doctor then i need to and it is an emergancy to me, she should realise that knowing your history you would need to be seen straight away, sounds like shes still a bit peeved that she didn't get to decide if you were on the list or not. Good i say, she can stand to be taken down a notch or two!

Fx'd for tomorrow x

I am 15 weeks as well and I haven't felt a flutter or anything. I just assumed it was too early. About every other day I do use my dopper to check my little seeds heart. (This is really reassuring for me.)

Well, my appointment was at 9:45 this morning, and I just got back. Its 4:50 now... So I had an ultrasound, but the OB really rushed it because when she did my pulse, she said it was dropping beats all over the place. So she was more concerned about getting me hooked up to an EKG. So she rushed the ultrasound. Baby is still alive, with a heart rate of about 140. She said my placenta is posterior, so when I start feeling it, it should be good. The feet are up by my belly button now, so I did feel a gentle kick there yesterday, which would have been the baby. So I guess it is moving a bit, just not much. It didn't move much for her on the ultrasound either. She said some babies have longer sleep cycles, and that is probably just the case with this one IE/ its lazy.

So good news, its still alive. No gender update as its butt was pressed right up against her probe, but legs closed. Apparently its just a tad bit lazy. It was determined to sleep even while she was poking it. :roll:

Glad LO is okay. It must have been a huge relief. What about you? How did the EKG go? Is it anything to be concerned about?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->