15 days old, feeding alot, formula fed

Catherine896

Reaction score
Jasper is 15 days old today and his milk intake, to me, is huge! He is now on 150ml bottles, and he is drinking about 110ml-140ml every 2-3 hours during the day. As in, starting drinking at 1pm, and finishing 30 mins later, wanting another bottle at 3-4pm. Over night, the last few nights he has gone 4-5 hours between a feed, so fed at midnight, again at 4.30/5am and again at 9am ish.

He sometimes drains the 150ml bottles too, but usually there is 10ml or so left.

Is this alot?! He was born at 7lb 8.5oz, and he never lost any weight in the first few days, he was last weighed on the 14th at about 8lb 5oz.

He makes out he is starving when he decides he is hungry too, trying to gobble his hands, his bib, my hands etc and crying.

He is on Cow and Gate, weeing like mad, and pooping approx twice a day.

When I last saw midwife, which was Monday 14th she was happy with him, didnt say anything was wrong with his milk intake but surely thats a hell of alot of milk for him. He isnt often sicky either, he sometimes brings a little up with hiccups, or a big burp but otherwise he gobbles the lot lol.

How much are your 2 week olds on?!

xx

He sounds like he's right on track!

I was always told that babies can drink half of their birth weight. So, if baby is 8 lbs, he might drink up to 4 oz (sometimes more, sometimes less).

He sounds perfect! Congratulations! :flower:

Your little man sounds exactly like mine! Noah regularly drains a 140ml bottle, usually overnight he goes about 3 hours between feeds but during the day it's usually about 2 hours.
Noah is nicknamed the 'Greedy Guzzler' since he eats so much, he didn't lose any of his birth weight either - seriously, sounds like virtually the same baby!
I wouldn't worry, I've just accepted that my little guy loves his food :haha:

My Lola is 12 days now and she is BF during day and FF during night. OH makes up a 3oz bottle and whilst he's doing that she latches onto me whilst bottle is ready then usually has 2-3oz.

I don't know what's normal for them to have, I just let Little Lo decide when she's full or hungry :)

Thanks, I was worried he was drinking and weeing it out at the same time or something lol. I thought on that amount of milk he would last longer between feeds, I guess not if other babies are doing the same lol!

Porky little baby Jasper lol.

Thanks xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back