15 weeks and bleeding :(

brandi91

Reaction score
Hey, everyone! I am just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience.

I am 15 + 2, and we just had a great ultrasound on Friday and found out we are having a perfect baby boy! He was active and everything looked great.

Today, I had bright red bleeding very suddenly. It was enough to turn the toilet water pink and stain the tissue bright red. I went to the ER, and they said baby still looked great and heartbeat was 165. They couldn’t find the “cause” of the bleeding, but could tell via pelvic ultrasound that it was coming from the cervix. There were also some blood clots. My cervix is still closed. The verdict was a threatened miscarriage.

I’m absolutely terrified and so sad. I just keep praying for my little one’s life! Does anyone have any experience with this?
I did have a similar bleed at 6 weeks that they couldn’t find the cause of either.

Thanks.

Not pregnant and didnt want to read and run. He could be just fine, but I know in situations like this they have to prepare you for the worst.

I wonder if there blood thinners that are safe for pregnancy?

Poor Mama! That is scary, but I think it's a very good sign that you've seen the baby and that your cervix is still closed. My sister had bleeding at one point with her first, and he was still a week late! The people I know who experienced bleeding and birthed prematurely, their cervixes had already started opening while they were about as far along as you are.
With medical interventions they were still able to birth healthy babies though! You sound like you're very observant with what is happening with your body, so I bet you'll notice if anything is off. Give yourself lots of self love and put your feet up when you can!

Thank you, ladies! I’m just so distraught about this whole thing! Ugh.

That is reassuring about the cervix. This is my first pregnancy so I don’t really have a frame of reference. I haven’t done anything strenuous to trigger this bleeding.

The bleeding had almost stopped but came back full force after a BM (sorry-TMI). I just don’t know what to think. I feel a little cramps, but I think it is more gastrointestinal.

I wonder if there blood thinners that are safe for pregnancy?

Yup, there’s plenty of us on them.

OP, I’m sure you’re planning to call your OB/GYN first thing in the morning. Don’t just leave a VM message for the nurse, speak to the receptionist first. I bet they’ll fit you in tomorrow. In the meantime, try to rest and relax as much as is possible. :hugs:

Thanks! I plan on calling first thing this morning to see what she wants me to do. I definitely trust her opinion more than the ER doctor. ER doctor said to take it easy but to resume normal activity. I don’t want to risk anything!

Didn't want to read and run. Good luck with everything! Fingers crossed for you everything is just fine and it is just a random bleed.

Hope your ok luv. You must be terrified. Sending lots of positive thoughts. Please keep us posted xx

Thanks. I did pass a small clot today about the size of a penny. My doctor’s office isn’t seeing me until Thursday (which is frustrating) but I spoke with the nurse today and she said that based on all of the ER reports, that she thinks it’s probably all okay. I am still bleeding though. I have been able to find the heartbeat a couple of times today, so that made me feel better. I’m still a nervous wreck, though.

I know this probably won't make yoou feel any better but, the ER classifies any unknown bleeding during pregnancy as a "threatened miscarriage". Is your doctor able to get you in for a check up soon? I've seen a lot of women on here have bleeding and then go on to have healthy babies. I hope they can figure out what's going on and baby boy is ok :hugs:. Keep your head up Mama.

I would also like to mention, most doctors at the ER don't really have that much experience with pregnancy. You're likely going to get a lot more answers from your OBGYN. I'll give you an example from my own personal experience, I went into early labor with my first at 27 weeks, they were ready to send me home saying I was having Braxton Hicks and not actual contractions. It took a radiologist and my OBGYN to convince them to transfer me to a hospital. A few hours later I gave birth to my daughter.

Last edited:
I reread your original post and your latest and I guess they're telling you the bleed is outside the cervix, not inside the uterus. That is much less worrying.

Best wishes to make it through Thursday as calmly and healthy as possible.

Hi love, I'm a little further than you now but I have experienced the same thing multiple times this pregnancy... all leading to the same conclusion..... nothings wrong with the baby and that my cervix is just sensitive, my first case of bleeding was at 14 weeks and most recently was 22 weeks ! While it's not "normal" to bleed throughout pregnancy it's more common than you think . Congratulations on your baby boy

Thank for your replies everyone. I just wanted to update now that a couple of weeks have passed. I am almost 18 weeks, and so far baby still seems to be doing just fine. Hopefully I won’t have any more bleeding!

That's great there has been no more bleeding :)

Glad to hear things have improved. Bleeding is always scary!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->