15 weeks till I get my first scan

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Bingles, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Bingles

Bingles Proud mum of one

I am absolutly beside myself. I just got my letter from the hospital asking me to go to the first appointment at the end of october which by my calculations make me 15weeks pregnant.

After having a mmc a few years ago I was hoping to get one sooner and I had a small bit of brown spotting yest. I cant imagine the thought of waiting till I am 15 weeks till I find out if I have a healthy baby inside me.

on top of that I have no symptoms slight feeling of sickness and on/off sore boobs. I know people say all pegnancys are diferent and I do take that on board but its just soooo hard what can I do.

2. twinklestar

twinklestar 2 boys nd 2 girls

does your hospital offer the nuchal fold scan ? that needs to be done before the end of 13wk for an accurate measurement , if they dont do it then you should contact either your GP or midwife and explain your history maybe they will be happy to offer you a reasurance scan before your 15wk scan date?

give them a ring hun , it cant hurt to ask :hugs:

3. Bingles

Bingles Proud mum of one

I dont know if they do that but I will ask thanks. I have to go see the nurse in 2 weeks and I will say it then. surely some people must cancel there appointments so I can get in quicker

4. franiss

franiss Mum to a beautiful boy

ditto twinklestar! was going to ask just that, nuchal scan needs to be done between weeks 11 and 13. if you have not been offered one call your doc to discuss this

good luck
    xx

5. twinkletoes80

twinkletoes80 Pregnant with my first

Harrass them daily, of course they can fit you in somewhere. Good luck!! x

6. Kitty23

Kitty23 Mummy to Poppy and Noah

That's terrible, like the other say you should phone up daily and make yourself annoying to them. Failing that go back to your gp? Let us know how it goes xxx

7. Kirstin

Kirstin Well-Known Member

Have you told the doctors about the spotting? They might send you for an early scan.

8. 1st_timer

1st_timer Pregnant with number 1!

I agree keep calling them - explain that it will mean that youre about 15 weeks and that's too late to accurately date your due date...

If you really can't wait you can always get a private scan done...

but keep calling!

xxx