15dpo....still BFN! Am I out?

meredith80

Reaction score
I really thought this was going to be our month...we had great Bd coverage (at least, if my O date via FF is correct....I am not totally sure). I can down with a cold at 9dpo, have had loss of white creamy cm (and a fair bit of the so-described "snot-like" CM). My temps are still up at 15dpo and my usual LP is 16 days. And yet, multiple BFNs on FRER. They should be positive by now, right? No other real symptoms. It's just so hard to get out hopes up every month, and this month seemed different so I was really hoping this was it :). Thanks for any help/advice! You all are awesome!

Haven't figured out how to link my ff chart, so here's a pic in case I don't get the link right....

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/634dd1

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 6
Sorry I think I reported your post when replying my phone is playing up big time. I really didn't mean to.
I think that your signs look very positive esp the temps. Have you tried a different test?

I've read on a few forums that some ladies ttc still get BFN even though they are actually positive. Are you using FMU? I read someone women don't show positive until day 20-21 dpo. Have you already missed your period or are you taking these PTs before you've missed? Because if you haven't missed yet, your body might have not produced enough hcg to detect. If you are only using FF as an O monitor, I wouldn't rely just on that, you should try getting an OPK. Have you also been checking your CM when FF tells you you're about to O? To make sure you're actually ovulating. Sorry for all the questions, I'm just in a similar boat.

No worries Lizzie! Appreciate the insights. I haven't tried a different test yet, but there is NO even sight of a vvvvvvvvvfaint line on the FRER :).

LittleHopeful, so sorry to hear you're in the same boat! The waiting is agony, isn't it? Certainly proves to me that my patience is limited :). Part of what's so tough is I feel like I read so many places that women get their BFPs on DPO11 or 12, so hard not to think that by day 15 I should have seen at least something. You asked lots of great questions....I am using FMU, and I've been tracking both CM and OPK. This month, those two things line up with what FF told me ovulation day was (I got my first + opk the day before), although my temps under FAM method would say I ovulated much later. So confusing! My LP is 16 days, so AF should show tomorrow. We'll see! I'm really hoping my temps stay hi and that the creamy CM is a good sign. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, too!! Are you in the TWW period, too?

Omg, I feel like we are in the same exact boat. Yes I'm on my TWW. AF is supposed to start tomorrow too, I'm also 15 dpo, but I last took a PT on Monday at 13 dpo and got a BFN. So that's why I was asking all the questions. It seems like both of us tried on all the right days. But I'm trying not to give up hope because on other forums women were saying to wait a few days longer until after you've missed. Have you tried using another OPK test? Because I did and it showed up positive on Monday which is why I took the pregnancy test, because it showed peak again. (The only thing that seems different about what is happening with the both of us)

I think you have all the right symptoms though! If I were you I would TRY to wait until 20-21 dpo to take your PT just to make sure.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, LittleHopeful! Would this be your first?

Sounds like we have a very similar cycle -- 16 day LP. I'm impressed with your willpower -- I can't help but POAS every morning starting at about 12 or 13DPO. I don't have any OPKs left or maybe I'd try one of them, too! That you got a positive on one seems like a good sign, assuming you're confident in your O date. Any other symptoms for you?

I am going to try to wait until Saturday morning (assuming no AF), as by then I'd be two days late. But, I have two tests under the sink that I know will be calling my name!

Keep me updated! Hoping this is your month!!

Thank you! Keep my fingers crossed for your too Meredith!

& yes this would be our 1st baby, this is month 4 TTC. Well if I had the PTs I would probably take them! Because I bought a bunch of Dollar store tests to satisfy my need to test! Haha.. At first I was definitely confident in my O date, only because of OPK, but the fact that I tested Peak again on Monday makes me feel uneasy. Any other symptoms for you? I logged all my symptoms and I've been bloated, feeling twinges, I had creamy CM for awhile, but then it stopped and now I have EWCM. I even had what I thought was implantation bleeding last week for 3 days (21st -23rd) (forgot to mention that) but I think it was my period? So maybe that's why my OPK was positive for a second time? Not sure.

I read that an OPK can be positive if you're pregnant but could also just mean nothing. I think it's still too early for me to test and I don't want to be let down with another BFN. Hm, Saturday seems like a good choice, maybe I'll test again then too.

You keep me updated as well! LOTS & LOTS OF BABY DUST!!

Wow, we're TTC twins -- this is month 4 for us, too. And so I know it's still early in the process (and at age 35, I am expecting it to take a while) but each month this 2ww seems to take FOREVER!

Your symptoms sound really promising. I have read that EWCM that many DPO is often a good sign. And if your bleeding was light, that definitely could have been IB. Because that would have been an extremely LP for you if it was AF, right? How's your temp?

I don't really feel too many physical symptoms, other than I came down with a nasty cold at 10dpo, which I have read *can* be a sign because your immunity goes way down so your body doesn't "fight" the baby. And then I have all of this weird CM.....it is mostly milky/creamy, but around 10dpo-12dpo it was also almost like EWCM, but thicker and very light yellow....others have described it as snot, which gross as it is, is pretty accurate. ;) Funny these things we get to experience and see now that we're paying attention, right? Some say that can be the sign of the mucus plug, but given that it started 5 days ago, if that's what it was I would have thought I'd have gotten a BFP by now. Who knows.....I said I was going to try not to symptom spot since the only "real" answer is either AF or BFP, but it's SOOOO hard!!!

Oh! Wow! This is your 4th also, that's so crazy we are definitely TTC twins! I was on Depo for a long time, but I've been off for quite awhile now, I didn't really expect it to take so long, everyone else makes it seem so easy. Also, I just started temping this week, since it's taking longer than expected.

& now that you mention you were sick, I did have a stuffy and runny except I was only 5-6dpo, but didn't last long at all. Lately I haven't had too many symptoms either, except that EWCM that suddenly came and I've been feeling bloated, and my twinges, but today nothing, kind of discouraging.

I thought I read somewhere that milky/creamy CM was your mucus plug, if so that would be awesome! These are definitely some pretty interesting experiences. The more I read forums I feel like women experience all kinds of different symptoms. I was definitely symptom spotting since 1dpo! I thought it might be IB, but it seemed too heavy but it wasn't a steady flow, it was sporadic. I figured I should've had a BFP already too, but yes I'm TRYING not to symptom spot anymore, but you're right it's too hard!

Sorry TMI, but since I had my positive on OPK on Monday, just in case we used Preseed, have you heard of this?

So I couldn't wait and I took pt using FMU & got a BFN! :( So I think it was AF last week and not IB. So I guess I really did O late... So I'm now 2dpo and on my TWW again.

That's a bummer -- it's so hard, isn't it, when the signals from our bodies aren't exactly clear?? My period is always REALLY heavy (thanks endo) so I'm not sure I could mistake it, but things like being unclear of when I actually ovulated is definitely frustrating. Glad you're already back in the window, tho! Your cycles must be relatively short?

I also couldn't resist this morning when I woke up to another high temp....but another BFN. I should start AF today if the O date is right, but I'm starting to think it's not.....

Fingers crossed THIS is your month! Keep me posted!

Yes, I was super sad. And these signals are so confusing! I guess my ovulation/period symptoms are similar. My period is normally heavy, but I started taking Vitex (I already stopped) and since then I don't get horrible cramps anymore but I've only gotten a heavy period every other period since. My cycles are actually really long. This month was something that has never happened before. I've never showed a "Peak fertility" twice in one month. According to my period app (not FF) my average cycle is 40 days (34 being shortest and 53 being longest). That is why I had started started taking Vitex, I heard it helped if you are unable to regulate your period.

Well, I'm wishing you lots of baby dust and I hope AF doesn't show up!! & I'm hoping too so bad, that this'll be my month.

Are you sure you're really out? The bleeding you were talking about sounds more like IB and what I've been told is that your LP length doesn't usually change (although I know the amount of time pre-O can). So, maybe you were just a little later to O than you thought? I'm keeping my fingers crossed...and I'm keeping them crossed that if you are on a new cycle that this one is THE ONE!

Thought I would come back and update for anyone who has a similar question to mine and is wondering how things turned out....so, seems FF put my O date as the wrong date (my temps were a little more erratic this month than usual due to travel/time changes/etc). My temp took a dive at what was actually 15DPO, and AF showed right on time at 16DPO. So, looks like for me all of the creamy CM (and even thicker "snot like" stuff) wasn't a sign of anything. Fingers crossed next month is our month.....and that maybe I can do a better job of not trying to symptom spot! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"