16 and pregnant with triplets

ChloeXxX

Reaction score
Hey my name is Chloe, i'm 16 at the moment and will be turning 17 at the end of June, I recently found out I was pregnant and although this came as a big shock and I had to take some time to weigh everything up I decided to have the baby. I have now been for a scan and just found out I am carrying triplets. I have just got my head around having one baby, never mind three. My boyfriend who is 17 and the father wants to support me and i've also told my mum about the pregnancy and she had said she would stand by me whatever I choose but we have all been taken by surprise by the triplets news. I don't even know anyone who's had triplets. I'm really worried about the future and how I am going to cope. x

My goodness! Congratulations! I know that word might freak you out but you are truly blessed girl.. :) You have your boyfriend and Mum by your side, so don't panic or stress too much, you will be fine and will figure things out along with time.. Don't think you are alone, or its too early to have such huge responsibility (even though it is) We are here to hear you out anytime, so keep in touch :)

Good luck, stay happy and healthy in the coming 9 months :)

Congratulations! Although I'm sure you are in terrible shock at the moment, about one baby, never mind three. I know some wonderful teenagers who's mother's were far younger than you when they were born. Age doesn't make you a good parent, love, being there, support, care, happiness and the brilliant example you set them as they grow and thrive, these are the important things, there are mums twice your age not capable of these things.
Take the support you're offered, lean on the people around you - as any pregnant or new parent does. You will work it out and having 3 will be what you know, you will work it out.
Pop your head in to the 'twins/triplets' thread and get an idea of how others do it. I know there are other clubs and forums out there for people having multiple births, dont be afraid to reach out and find out how others get through it.
You know, it might not have been your plan to be a parent at 16, but quite honestly your age should not be an issue, you are more than capable of doing this, and doing it really really well. Hope your pregnancy goes smoothly- and rub moisturiser onto your bump twice a day from now!!

My goodness! Congratulations! I know that word might freak you out but you are truly blessed girl.. :) You have your boyfriend and Mum by your side, so don't panic or stress too much, you will be fine and will figure things out along with time.. Don't think you are alone, or its too early to have such huge responsibility (even though it is) We are here to hear you out anytime, so keep in touch :)

Good luck, stay happy and healthy in the coming 9 months :)

Thank you so much, I know I am really lucky compared to others to have my boyfriend and family supporting me. I've had a bit more time now and am slowly getting used to the idea that I will be having triplets aha, trying not to stress so much. The current situation with coronavirus isn't ideal to be pregnant in either. Even though I am nervous about all the responsibility etc... I am also really looking forward to being a mum. x

Congratulations! Although I'm sure you are in terrible shock at the moment, about one baby, never mind three. I know some wonderful teenagers who's mother's were far younger than you when they were born. Age doesn't make you a good parent, love, being there, support, care, happiness and the brilliant example you set them as they grow and thrive, these are the important things, there are mums twice your age not capable of these things.
Take the support you're offered, lean on the people around you - as any pregnant or new parent does. You will work it out and having 3 will be what you know, you will work it out.
Pop your head in to the 'twins/triplets' thread and get an idea of how others do it. I know there are other clubs and forums out there for people having multiple births, dont be afraid to reach out and find out how others get through it.
You know, it might not have been your plan to be a parent at 16, but quite honestly your age should not be an issue, you are more than capable of doing this, and doing it really really well. Hope your pregnancy goes smoothly- and rub moisturiser onto your bump twice a day from now!!

Thank you so much, so glad of the support. I know people look down on teenage parents and assume they are going to be no good and I really want to prove that wrong. I'm a bit calmer about having triplets now than when I first found out, yeah you're right I guess having three babies will be all I know and what I adapt too. I might leave a message in the twins/triplets forum and see what people have to say. x

Hi and welcome to the forum! I've seen you've posted in the December thread, it's a great place to speak with mum's and mum's to be going through the same stages of pregnancy together, albeit your situation is slightly different.
I'm excited for you. You got this!!!
x

Congratulations, you will have a lot of changes coming your way. I was a teen mom too though he was a singleton. I had him when I was 15, the hardest part is not fully understanding why people you used to consider really good friends stop talking to you. I wish someone had told me about that when I became a teen mom. Having a solid support system is going to be great for you though! Dont forget to tell your mom how grateful you are for everything she does. Good luck and a happy and healthy 9 months!

Congratulations on your triplets, you are very blessed. You will do just fine xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->