16 hours of contractions and still not in labour!

mammy2b_24

Reaction score
Sorry for the rant but im now getting very frustrated.

For the last 3 nights ive ben getting strong BH but yesterday they changed. They are much lower down and really quite painfull so I got excited. It took a while but they started to get closer together, unfortunately they are not regular at all. Some are really close together, like 6 minutes, but some are more like half an hour apart. Spoke to midwife and she cant tell me if it is the start of something or whether they are just going to stop like they have the other times. She just told me to try n sleep n ring back if they become regular at 5 mins apart!

If this isnt real ill just wanna :cry:

I just wanna know if im getting somewhere now ive waited long enough.

Has anyone else had contractions last this long for them just to disappear?

I wouldn't know anything about it as this is my first baby, but on a positive note it sounds like you can't be far away from meeting your little one. Wishing you all the best x

sounds like u r getting closer.. how far along are u anyway? I been having contractions that come and go.. but i went into premature labor over weekend.. if u didn't already know that.. lol.. the only reason mine comes and goes is because i am on trebutaline to stop them... cause i am only 30 wks and 3 days... just take it easy deary.. u will get there. i know it can be frusterating.. i had 2 kids before this one. keep me updated.

I'm at 40+3 now. Im ready for her to be here!

She has been engaged for weeks but i have no other signs other than the contractions.

Ive got my fingers crossed this time.

i was like this last night - i was having what i think were contractions as they were really painful and low down, and they were coming every 10 mins or so. Now they've totally slowed down, and im getting the odd one every 45 mins or so.

Sorry for the rant but im now getting very frustrated.

For the last 3 nights ive ben getting strong BH but yesterday they changed. They are much lower down and really quite painfull so I got excited. It took a while but they started to get closer together, unfortunately they are not regular at all. Some are really close together, like 6 minutes, but some are more like half an hour apart. Spoke to midwife and she cant tell me if it is the start of something or whether they are just going to stop like they have the other times. She just told me to try n sleep n ring back if they become regular at 5 mins apart!

If this isnt real ill just wanna :cry:

I just wanna know if im getting somewhere now ive waited long enough.

Has anyone else had contractions last this long for them just to disappear?

I have had all of this most days for 3 weeks and still nothing. I got to 5 mins apart at one point. I even went to the hospital last saturday and my cervix was fully intact.

The good thing is it means that your body is preparing really well and your labour may not be so bad as your body knows what to do. It won't be long.

every contraction/pull/tightening is 1 step closer... it might not be making super noticable changes but will be making some even just small changes and small changes soon add up to something big!!

try and keep yourself upright so gravity takes it's toll and should intheory put pressure down there. have you tried using a birthing ball? or walking?

xXx

every contraction you feel is 1 step closer to your baby making there appearance.
MY contractions started 4am, they were irregular all day, they hurt. They'd be there for around 4 hours none for couple of hours. Or id only get 2 an hour, instead of 5. Try get rest plus try be active, i used my birting ball.
I didnt get regular contractions till 12:20am next morning!
By time i got hospital was checked at 1:30am i was almost 5 cm!
Good luck x

Didn't want to read and run, good luck hun, I hope this is the start for you, take care :hugs: XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->