16 month old wont eat much

Rose_red

Reaction score
My son these days doesn't want to eat much and throws everything on the floor i am beyond frustrated, any tips/advice please :flower:

My LO has started doing this in the past 4-6 weeks. The best thing I have found (and it's probably just a personality thing) is I give her a choice of cutlery (her different spoons/forks), and whichever one she doesn't want i use to feed her in between her own mouthfulls. I know it sounds strange but it does work quite nicely. Also, I have been trying to give her food I know 100% she likes and offering her my food (her food on my plate).

The other things I have been doing, is leaving little bowls wit snacks on around where she plays, like abowl of grapes, box of raisins, some little sandwiches and I have found she picks and munches on them too.

Hope this helps

Have been having same thing for a couple of months now! I've had her weighed regularly because I was convinced she must be losing weight. But she's still gaining okay. I'm just giving what I know she likes and just keep offering.

Like the idea of the bowls of snacks. may try that

I don't have a lot of advice, but I feel your frustration! My almost 15 month old has never been a good eater, and is going through a phase right now where she'll throw everything off her tray if it's finger food, and when I spoon feed her, she'll spit it back out immediately, and then smear it all over her tray. The only way I've found to get food in her is to put something on the TV (she likes Baby Einstein) and then sneak bites of food in her mouth while she's absorbed with the show. It's not how I'd like to feed my child, but when it comes down to it, I'm more concerned with her eating right now, then with the "how".

I don't have a lot of advice, but I feel your frustration! My almost 15 month old has never been a good eater, and is going through a phase right now where she'll throw everything off her tray if it's finger food, and when I spoon feed her, she'll spit it back out immediately, and then smear it all over her tray. The only way I've found to get food in her is to put something on the TV (she likes Baby Einstein) and then sneak bites of food in her mouth while she's absorbed with the show. It's not how I'd like to feed my child, but when it comes down to it, I'm more concerned with her eating right now, then with the "how".

I do similar. She loves MTV Dance and I can sneak some food into her if a good tune is on :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->