16 & pregnant...........?

Avenged Stars

Reaction score
hey, im 16 & im pregnant me & my boyfriend plan to keep the baby because we don't agree with abortion,

how do i tell my parents?
how did your parents act when you told them?

if i do keep i know my parents will refuse to buy baby stuff so how will i get by?

my boyfriends mum doesn't like me & doesnt know me & his whole family don't know me so what can i do?

:hugs:

Welcome to Bnb

I just broke down in tears and told my parents, they wernt to happy at first but have been very supportive and when it finally sank in for them they have been so excited. You can get help from the goverment to help buy baby things.

If your boyfriends parents dont like you there isnt much you can do really apart from try to get along but im sure they would support you as your boyfriend is there son.

If you ever want to talk feel free to PM me x

hey, im 16 & im pregnant me & my boyfriend plan to keep the baby because we don't agree with abortion,

if i do keep i know my parents will refuse to buy baby stuff so how will i get by?

my boyfriends mum doesn't like me & doesnt know me & his whole family don't know me so what can i do?

:hugs:

Hey hun,
My advice for you would be to tell your parents asap, you could sit them down or write them letter??
My dad was happy but i was a couple of years older, i think at first alot of parents will be dissapointed and upset but will slowly come round, its only a rare few that don't.

With regards to money i'm not too sure?? Are you at school?

With your BF parents maybe you could get to know them abit more, just try your best...at the end of the day its your boyfriend that likes you and i'm glad he supporting.

Here to chat if you need it :)

I'd tell them as soon as you can hun.

I got pregnant at 16, although I'm 17 now. I told my mum the day I found out and she didn't speak to me for a good few days but now it's sunk in she's been so supportive. Think of it this way, the sooner you tell people, the sooner they have a chance to get over the shock and get excited!

Good luck xxx.

Hey hun. Congrats on the pregnancy!

I would suggest telling your parents as soon as possible. We waited a while with the first and told them all within a week of finding out with the second. It seemed to go over better the second time around.

My OH and I told our parents a few different ways (and since we are pregnant with our second, we've gone through this twice). The first time, the police actually told my mom (really long story), I texted my dad (my parents are divorced), and my OH told his mom who told his dad. My mom just said it wasn't the worst thing in the world to happen and my dad was just kinda shocked. My OH's parents also were really shocked but didn't yell or anything. His dad told us a while later that he was actually really happy about it.:dohh: The type of reaction you'd expect from parents (what are you going to do, get an abortion, etc.) came from my grandma, but even she came around in time.

The reactions from the second pregnancy announcement were pretty much the same. We told my mom straight out, I texted my dad again :blush:, we wrote my OH's mom a note, and she told his dad. By now, everyone has come around and are even more excited cuz this will be the first granddaughter on both sides (or son was the first grandchild).

If your parents don't help you out with buying baby stuff, there's lots of different options. If you go to a secondhand store (or something similar) you can get some pretty nice stuff for cheap, private volunteer/donation based places (like Birthright in the US) can help out a lot, and the government can help out too.

I didn't know my boyfriend's parents very well when I got pregnant with Aiden. I just tried spending some more time at his house with him and going to family dinner nights and stuff. Now I'm pretty close to his parents and older and younger sisters.

I hope you can get everything sorted out relatively quickly. :hugs: PM me if you ever need to talk!

- don't beat around the bush.. just tell them, and as soon as you can. the faster you tell them, the faster they can start to help you deal with this and the sooner you'll know what the "plan" is going to be (ie: if you have to move out, your plans about school, saving money, etc.)

- my mom was fine, she just hugged me and asked me a few questions. my dad was upset with me, told me to have an abortion, etc. but neither of my parents yelled at me.. because my dad wanted me to have an abortion they sort of did try to push that on me but left me alone, eventually. my dad was an asshole to me while i was pregnant and put me down a lot, but my mom was really supportive and helpful. they didn't throw me out of their house or yell at my boyfriend either.. it went much better than i expected to be honest with you!

- both my boyfriend and i had a job so we were able to buy what we needed. family members and friends who had recently had babies gave us some stuff, people threw baby showers (i had one in january and i'm having two given for me in may still), there are used baby shops that have stuff in good condition, websites like kijiji and freecycle, etc.

- chances are, they're gonna get to know you now if they want to be involved in the baby's life and support their son (assuming you 2 are going to be together etc).. really you can't do much to change a person's feelings about you, and i find that almost everyone has issues with their 'mother in laws' or the woman in that sort of role in their lives.. even if you get along with them you will clash at one point or another probably!

The most important thing is to tell your parents - face to face! It might seem hard but trust me it does get easier. Most people are shocked by how their parents react to the news. Of course at first they may be angry, upset or feeling a lttle disappointed - but that is definetely expected! However you will find that your parents will come round and support you completely in your decision. However, if they don't, just keep in mind that its you and your boyfriends child, not theirs. Never lose respect for your parents if they react a bit over the top because remember in their eyes you are still their child and they want whats best for you! I never expected my mum to support me in a million years, never mind her wanting to help me through it all and help with the baby. You shouldn't have a pre-conceived idea in your mind because you never know how they are going to take it. This is your chance to prove your not a little girl and you're mature enough to cope with this. Even if they don't financially support you, you can still do it. So many single teen mums out there do it, so why can't you!

Trust someone who only told their parents a couple of days ago :)

i went the doctor with my mum and we both found out but i just sat down and told my dad face to face

mum broke down in tears and dad walked out but he came back and said we will get through this as a family. you always think the worse cause i thought my dad was gonna chuck me out but they have been sooo supportive its unblieveable

they might not refuse its their grandchild and anyway once it has all settled they would be exited and more than happy to help

with this there is not much you can do i suggest you and your bf sit down or even writing a note and give it to them explaning what is happening and eventually she will come around

I am currently 17 years of age and 9 weeks pregnant with a baby. I understand your fears and anxiety.

How do I tell my parents?
I told both of my parents over the phone because I was too upset to face them in person but either way you have to get this huge obstacle out of the way. You can write them a letter, tell them over the phone, sit them down and tell them face to face, or have another family member help you out.

How did your parents act when you told them?
They acted the exact OPPOSITE of what I was truly expecting. They were supportive, somewhat excited, and very understanding.

If I do keep I know my parents will refuse to buy baby stuff so how will I get by?
Thankfully my parents have the money and the hearts to help me out but I realize everyone is not at lucky as me. You and your boyfriend need to get jobs, save up as much as you can, and very careful with your money.

My boyfriends mum doesn't like me & doesn't know me & his whole family don't know me so what can I do?
It doesn't matter if she like you or not, you are carrying her grandchild. You possibly need to sit down with her one on one and try and get to know her a little better. Express your emotions, ask her questions you would like to know, and be calm about the situation. If that does no justice for you then leave it alone because you have more important things (like your baby) then to worry about whether or not your boyfriends mother likes you.

Thats A Hard One. I Think You Should Just Sit Them Down And Tell them.

My Mum Cried And My Dad Didnt Say Anything. After The Shock They Were Fine. They Actually Got Really Excited (Which Was A Shock lol)

There Is Alot Of Support For Young Mums. Also You May Get Handdowns From Other Members Of Your Family.

hunny... cant expect for other ppl to support your baby....they can help you...but it is up to you and the daddy to get by...
its time to get a job and seek for government help...
you can still finish school...
you can work and go to school at the same time...
I did it...I'm pregnant with my 3 and I'm in college again and opening my own business soon...

I had my son when I was 18...I had a job and I went to school.

Im 17 with a 2 month old little boy and I know what you're going through.

How do i tell my parents?
Tell them as soon as possible, the sooner the better, because then they have more time to get used to the idea, and more time to get excited and enjoy your pregnancy with you. You're best to just sit down and tell them. But if you're really worried then confide in a family member such as an aunt thats close to your mum/dad if not then perhaps a family friend?

How did u tell your parents?
I spoke to my mums best friend 1st and asked her to tell her with me, but I went home after speaking to her and just couldn't keep quiet, so I sat down in the living room with her when my dad had gone to bed and told her. But I couldn't tell my dad so I went away for a few days and my mum told him. A little wimpy I know but I couldn't bring myself to do it.

How did ur parents act when u told them?
My mum cried and smoked a cigar (it was all we had in the house she quit smoking 3 years before) and then said she'd support me no matter what, and my dad didnt say anything at all for a few days. Then when they got over the shock they were really excited. My mum went to every scan and appointment with me and she was with me when I was in labour and now they adore my little boy spoil him rotton haha

There are government grants to help towards the cost of baby equipment, £500 maternity grant (when you're on income support, you have 11 weeks after the babys born to claim it or speak to a connexions advisor and they may be able to sort it out for you) and a Health In Pregnancy grant that's £190 and they're are always hand me downs from family members and friends and you can pick some things up pretty cheap on ebay if you dont mind second hand.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->