16 week antenatal app :(

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by susan36, Nov 17, 2011.

1. susan36

susan36 team :blue: after 4 mc

hi ladies went for my 16 week app today . it was totaly crap . i sat there while she just put my blood results in my notes then said any questions and asked the student if my pee was clear . and that was it not bp took no heartbeat to listened to . was a waste of time even going arggg think ill change mw , rant over :growlmad:

2. Jaysmummy

Jaysmummy Mum of 3 and WTT

Sounds normal hun. They don't like to listen for the heartbeat until 24 weeks anymore. In case they can't find it and it causes worry.

I didn't even have a 16 week appt. I went or my booking in and won't see the mw now til 25 weeks! Apart from my scans I've seen no one in that time

xx

3. Aurora_xox

Aurora_xox Mama to Lilia and Wyatt

You should have asked them. They listened to my baby's heartbeat at 16 weeks. But if you're not happy with your MW I would see about getting a new one.

4. xloulabellex

xloulabellex Mummy to 2 beautiful boys

Oh thats not cool :( sorry you didnt' get to hear HB <3

5. yazzy

yazzy Well-Known Member

I think it varies on the area you live as to whether they listen for the hb at your 16 week appointment. I know where I live they do like to listen at 16 weeks but I can understand why they don't because it can still be hard to find.

6. susan36

susan36 team :blue: after 4 mc

thanks ladies . guess i just expected the heartbeat to be heard . its all diffrent since i had my last son 15 years ago lol it was doctor run clincs then and they lisened to hb . just need to wait till im 22wks for my scan :)

7. twilliamssbt

twilliamssbt Well-Known Member

I saw midwife and consultant at 17 weeks.

Midwife checked urine and blood pressure, student tried to find heartbeat but couldnt, midwife went straight to it.