• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

16 week MW appointment - bloods eeeek

C

Cherrybinky

I was so very pleased with my appointment today. All my blood tests came back clear, negative etc but I found out Im O Rh Neg so will need Anti D injection at 28 weeks. I hate needles and Im also having the GTT bloods taken so Im dreading it :(

This midwife was very nice, she offered to listen to babys hb but I told her I had a doppler. She felt my tummy and said its very hard and feels perfect if not better for 15+5 weeks. She said they dont normally see me again now till 30 weeks but shes booked me in at 25 to go through the GTT with me instead.

We talked about the next scan and what sex I would like etc. I came home very pleased and cant wait for my scan now :)

I hope everyone else appointments go as well as mine did :)

x

Thats fab news!!! Nice one!! We've got ours in a week, so excited to hear hb x

My appointment was rubbish today :-( but I'm so glad urs went well :) and everything is good with ur results :) good luck for the rest of your pregnancy x

Aww abi, Im so sorry :( I wasnt sure what to expect at this appointment so I was pleasantly surprised. I hope your next one goes ok X

aww hun sucks about the extra blood test , im not fond of needles although having kids has helped with that lol got stuck so many times in my last pregnancy i told them to call me pin cushion lol,

I'm rhesus negative too and have to get the anti d injection at 29 weeks, i'm a big whoose so really dreading it1

Aww abi, Im so sorry :( I wasnt sure what to expect at this appointment so I was pleasantly surprised. I hope your next one goes ok X

Iv not been happy with my MW from the start and today just confirmed I am going to change my care to another doctors. She didnt even have the results of my blood tests 8 weeks after they were taken, I'm sure she did but couldn't be arsed to find them as I goty down syndrome test back two weeks ago and that was done two weeks after my blood tests. She just seemed so rushed n not bothered about answering my questions which upset me, my next ones at 22 weeks but I hope to have changed doctors by then so it will hopefully be a lot better experience x

My MW is useless too! Doesn't matter what you say - you get that 'awk poor you' pursed lipped smile. Took all my strength not to reach out and shake her violently! Have had a pains since 13wks - stupid woman stated she didn't know what it was but sure must just be growing pains. Hello?! Did you seriously just contradict yourself in one sentence? Wouldn't mind, but the Doc had the same problem - not knowing what it was - but he was lovely about it. Double checked Baby's hb, felt stomach etc. She just waved her hand from across the room and shook her head. :witch: Can't even change - she's the only one we've got. So back to nice Doc to see what's going on. At least he listens and tries! :thumbup:

Anyone wanna trade a MW?? :winkwink:

Good news about the good results, except from the extra jab, eeep! :flower: Great that you felt good after your appointment - I hate to read about bad midwives and sonographers :growlmad:.

(I finally had my booking in bloods done today - at 17 weeks!! The stand in midwife couldn't get blood out of me so finally got myself to the hospital!)

She said they dont normally see me again now till 30 weeks but shes booked me in at 25 to go through the GTT with me instead.

That's odd, my midwife wants to see me again at 22/23/24 (can't remember which but def one of these!) weeks for an appointment which I thought was the norm?

iv got my bloods on thursday i hope they try to listen to my babys hb :D x

30 weeks? thats quite far away by me they see me every couple of weeks

I've got my appointment next week, looking forward to hearing babies heart beat! I've got a Doppler, but not sure if I'm hearing babies heart best, it sounds too slow :shrug:

I've got my appointment next week, looking forward to hearing babies heart beat! I've got a Doppler, but not sure if I'm hearing babies heart best, it sounds too slow :shrug:

ur due the same day as me:D x

ur due the same day as me:D x

:happydance:

It still hasnt sunk in yet that we're having another baby! Maybe when the next scan comes n we can find out what we're having might make it feel a bit more realistic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"