17 and found out I am pregnant today .. advice please?

Natali

Teen mum to twins :)
Reaction score
I'm 17 years old and found out just this morning that I'm expecting :) I'm so excited. I just kinda need your advice on when and how to tell my parents. My mum shouldn't be too bad as she has me and my sisters young, but my dad is another story completely! He's always going on about how I better never get pregnant and whatnot, but now I am! ... Any advice is appreciated. I'm not sure how far along I am as yet, because I haven't seen a doctor to confirm, but if my suspicions are right, I'm about four weeks. Thankyou.

Congrats on your BFP!

Count from your last period - gives you your estimated gestation.

Only you can decide when and how you tell your parents. But, just bare in mind, because your mum had you/your sisters young, doesn't mean she'll be over the moon about you.

I'm 17 years old and found out just this morning that I'm expecting :) I'm so excited. I just kinda need your advice on when and how to tell my parents. My mum shouldn't be too bad as she has me and my sisters young, but my dad is another story completely! He's always going on about how I better never get pregnant and whatnot, but now I am! ... Any advice is appreciated. I'm not sure how far along I am as yet, because I haven't seen a doctor to confirm, but if my suspicions are right, I'm about four weeks. Thankyou.

Just tell your mum first, and maybe a few close friends. And then tell your dad once your used to saying it :thumbup: Because when i started telling people it was so hard to actually say 'im pregnant' it felt so weird! Anyway, once you've had a few nicer reactions it should calm your nerves and then it should be a bit easier to tell your dad! - If he's gonna be really mad maybe ask someone else to come with you, like your mum or sister? for moral support :)
Oh & CONGRATS
xxxxx

Welcome to BNB and Congratulations on your pregnancy :flower:
My name is Chloé, I am 18 years old and 35 weeks pregnant with my little baby. I am predicted a :blue: who is due on the 11th of July and I just can't wait to meet my little one!!
The sooner you tell your family the better. I found out I was pregnant on Halloween Day with an early result at 2+6 weeks and after confirming it with my doctor, went into complete denial about the whole situation. I wanted to wait until after my dating scan when I could see my baby for the first time and confirm that there actually was a baby there in my own mind before I told my parents. I had my dating scan at 11+2 weeks (3 days before Christmas day!!!) and then I told my family between 12 and 13 weeks. I told my younger brother and older sister first and they were absolutely brilliant with the news. My sister came down and helped me break the news to my mum. She was shocked at the beginning and cried because I had left it so long to tell her. She looked at the scan photograph of her grandchild and cried again because they were so tiny. She broke the news to my dad and he was a little shocked as-well. They both soon came around and couldn't wait for baby to get here and can't wait to meet their grandchild :happydance: I actually regret not telling them sooner!

How did FOB take the news? xoxoxoxox

Hello! Congratulations on your pregnancy, and welcome to BnB! Wishing you a healthy and happy 9 months!
I'm Sarah, im 18 and im 19+3weeks pregnant with fraternal boy/girl twins.
I live with my Auntie and Uncle. My Auntie found out because i'd been searching, "how to announce a teen pregnancy" on google and she saw it on the history :dohh: she didnt take it too bad.

My advice would be not to leave it too long to tell them, it'll eat at you! They may be mad at first, but they'll come around! Also, the sooner they come around and are happy for you, the more support you'll get throughout your pregnancy.

Good luck :flower:

Hello & Congraats!
Im 17 and 14weeks pregnant :) the sooner you tell the better trust me, im no longer with the babys father as he told me to abort, and know refuses to talk to me :( but everyone else in my family and his are being brilliant and have supported me from the moment i told them :)
its scary but you might find people are more supportive then you might think.

congrats! I am 18 with a little :blue: due in 5 days!:thumbup:

Hey Natali my names Kirsty I'm 19 and almost 5 weeks pregnant. I only broke the news to my parents 3 days ago!
I was expecting my dad to be way worse than my mam but he was so supportive, whereas my mam was mad and dissapointed at first but after a day offered her support. All parents take the news differently and you have to expect them to be mad at first cause they always and only want what's best for you.
Lot's of luck in breaking the news though I hope they take it well honey :hug:
You will feel like you've jumped a huge hurdle after you tell them though just be strong girl :) xx

Hey. Welcome to BnB & Congrats on your pregnancy! :wave:
I'm Kelly, 20. & I'm 37+4 weeks pregnant with a little girl :cloud9:
I think that the fear of 'telling the parents' is the worst. It will be hard, but my best advice is to do it soon. It's kind of like ripping off a band-aid, you just have to do it. I found out that I was pregnant at 4+5 weeks. I told my mom at 7 weeks. For me, keeping my pregnancy a total secret for 2 weeks was insanely hard. My mom didn't say a lot when she found out. She just kind of sat there and asked me when I was going to the doctor. After that, she gradually started coming around about it... and now, she's super excited to meet her grandbaby <3 I didn't tell my dad I was pregnant until I was 15 weeks. I just kind of let my mom break the news to him. He was really upset that no one told him sooner-- he didn't like feeling like he was the last one to know. I think it hurt his feelings, which, of course, wasn't my intention... I was just scared that he would react badly. After he found out, he really didn't mention it at all. When I went to my gender scan I texted him and told him that we were having a girl. After that, he got more excited about it. I think he liked being included... So now he's really excited & just waiting for his granddaughter to arrive! :D
So, I think that's why a lot of the ladies are saying to do it sooner rather than later. A lot of times parents can get upset if you wait too long to tell them... It's like you don't trust them with the news or something. Ehh, but only you will know what the right thing to say is, and when to say it. Try not to be too nervous about it. No matter how they react at first, they WILL come around. Good luck to you! Hope you have a happy and healthy nine months! :flow:

congrats on your pregnancy :) the sooner you tell them the quicker its over and done with and then you can focus on enjoying your pregnancy, it might take a while for them to accept, it took a while with my parents, all worth while xx

Hey love! What's your name? I'm Skye I'm 17 also and 23 weeks pregnant with a little boy <3 Congrats on your :bfp: and welcome to BnB! My advice is tell your mom as soon as possible, get onto prenatal vitamins, and to the doctor. I'm sure your mom will help with telling your dad. But it is better to tell them sooner rather then later. They get over the shock pretty quick and you dnt wanna be like me and have your mom not know until 18 weeks and then have to explain why you waited! If you wanna talk just message me :hug:

thankyou for all the amazing advice everyone .. i've decided to go to the doctor on wednesday to get everything confirmed then i'm going to tell my dad, as I live with him and not my mum. Hoping he takes the news okay...

Skyebo - My name is Natalie :)

thankyou for all the amazing advice everyone .. i've decided to go to the doctor on wednesday to get everything confirmed then i'm going to tell my dad, as I live with him and not my mum. Hoping he takes the news okay...

Figured it was something along that :) Hi Natalie!! Good luck at the doctors and with telling your parents. :hugs:

Good luck for tomorrow. I'll kepe my fingers crossed for you. Hope it goes well telling your dad, too :flower:

We told my boyfriends parents first because they live near us and are pretty easy going and they were thrilled! I hadn't been to the doctor yet and his mom offered to take me and found out I was 7 weeks. It took me about a week to work up the courage to tell my mom, and she took it a LOT worse than I imagined. I was more scared about telling my dad, he also took it pretty badly. However, my parents had just split up that month and had a lot going on already. They both ended up coming around about a month later and have been soo supportive ever since and have already started spoiling their grandson!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->