17 mo and finally taking first steps - backpack reins?

Reno

Mama to 2 boys
Reaction score
Any recommendations for, or experiences of, backpack reins? :flower:

I would hold off and see if you really need them. My LO has been walking for quite a while now and I've been able to handle her just fine without them so far.

I use the little life dinosaur backpack and my LO loves it. He packs his bag himself now when I tell him that we are going out and he puts in a book, his dummy and usually a packet of raisins LOL! I don't really use them as reins, just as a way to make sure he doesn't get free and run into the road - he never walks nicely holding hands, he's always waiting for the chance to wriggle free for a good run!

I also bought them for my niece (butterfly design), and best friends LO's (spider design and dolphin swim bag) last Christmas and they still use the backpacks.

I would hold off and see if you really need them. My LO has been walking for quite a while now and I've been able to handle her just fine without them so far.

Thanks! He seems to be quite good so far just holding a hand, but with baby number 2 due when he's 23 months, i don't think he'll like to start wearing reins at that point, but maybe he wont even need them by then!

I use the little life dinosaur backpack and my LO loves it. He packs his bag himself now when I tell him that we are going out and he puts in a book, his dummy and usually a packet of raisins LOL! I don't really use them as reins, just as a way to make sure he doesn't get free and run into the road - he never walks nicely holding hands, he's always waiting for the chance to wriggle free for a good run!

I also bought them for my niece (butterfly design), and best friends LO's (spider design and dolphin swim bag) last Christmas and they still use the backpacks.

Thanks I'll check them out, and I like that it doubles up in to a backpack for when they don't need the reins!

I would wait too hun and see how he does- I've never used them with my LO- she uses to try to run about when we first started letting her walk more- but she caught on pretty quick. I was lucky she never really fought being in her stroller- so as needed, that is where she'd go. Now, she listens very well and stays close-- she just goes a bit SLOOOOOW at times :haha: so I usually have the stroller along in case for that reason ;) Personally- I can't imagine a need for reigns- BUT- with that said- my LO never just ran off and I know some kids don't like strollers and tend to run off quickly- so do what makes sense for you and your LO.

We bought a wrist strap instead of reins.

She's only just started walking properly but they have been great.

She quickly accepted that she needed to go the way we wanted rather than sitting down and having a tantrum.

I doubt we'll use them for a long period but they have been great! X

Yeah we have some. I didn't think I needed them much at first but now she's becoming little miss independent they are a must. She will hold my hand fine for so long but after a bit she just won't! It's good I can put her beaker of water in there too with it being abackpack.

We use them when we are in a crowded place or doing something fun (corn maze would be a time I would want them to wear them).

PS...I'm glad to see someone else with a "late" walker...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->