17 months TTC - blood results

Kerrie-x

Reaction score
Hi ladies.

We are just into month 17 of TTC baby #3. My cycles this past year have been awful (anything from 26-48 days).. I went for 21 day bloodwork last month, which came back as not ovulating. Progesterone was 2 and LH 52. Didn't really make much sense to me but I have been referred to a Gynae as my GP thinks the results indicate PCOS (I also spot between periods).

So, I did some research and bought lots of vitamins to help my LH and progesterone, and I also got myself some Agnus castus (vitex) To try and regulate my periods. Has anyone ever had this? My GP said I definitely have secondary infertility

xx

Hello I'm in the same boat as you. I haven't been diagnosed or had bloods drawn but I did go for a workup some time ago and the doctor told me that I wasn't ovulatating and to lose 20 lbs and she would put me on clomid.

Well I lost insurance etc so now I'm more into trying natural methods. My periods have been wacko as well anywhere from 30-48 days. One was 56. Currently on cd 38 and nothing just cravings and all those other symptoms that make you think you are prego and you're not.

I did try fertility blend with the vitex and it did help me regulate my cycle. I didn't take it this month and now I'm 10 or so days late. and nothing. I had a friend donate me clomid so I think I'm going to try that and see how that works. I also ordered soy and the soft cups to use and preseed. I'm desperate for another baby as it would be my husbands first one.

I guess we will see .

I've tried soy before, I'll be honest I wouldn't recommend it. It screwed my cycles right up and I would never use it again.

That's my experience though, it works great for some women x

I've tried soy before, I'll be honest I wouldn't recommend it. It screwed my cycles right up and I would never use it again.

That's my experience though, it works great for some women x

Soy isoflavones or Agnus castus?

I started agnus castus on CD38. Af came the day after! :happydance: currently CD3 and on lots of vitamins etc to help with my progesterone x

Soy isoflavones. I think it's referred to as "natures clomid".

What does Agnus Castus do? I might need to try some of that! x

There is loads of good reviews on it, lots of people started taking it and fell pregnant! its supposed to help regulate cycles

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/trying-to-conceive/903020-conception-agnus-castus.html

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Natures-Aid-199220-Agnus-Castus/dp/B000GY76FC

the amazon reviews are fab xx

Thanks for that, i'll go and have a look. My cycles are all over the bloody place, last month 37 days, the month previous was 25 days and this month is 28. It's so frustrating!

It really is! I hate irregular periods, mine are so much lighter now too! How long have you been ttc? xx

Mine have got heavier the older i get. And more painful :(

This is CD1 of cycle 15 actively trying, but were were a year NTNP previous to this after I had a miscarriage in 2012 .... so all in all 27 months.

It seemed so easy the first time with my son, it only took 5 months. And then 10 months the second time.

There just seems to be something not right this time. I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes when pregnant with my son, so i'm not sure if that's causing problems and I also have endometriosis, my last lap was in Feb last year so it could be that.

I've seen my GP, and she referred me for tests but the hospital have said I have to wait another 5 months to be seen for tests if no BFP before then.

It's very frustrating!

xx

Irregular periods are a nightmare, I can pretty much tell how long mine are going to be once i've got a +ve OPK as I have a 14 day LP, or at least I thought I could until last month when I had EWCM twice in a month and ended up with a 37 day cycle. I think my body had tried to OV the first time at CD14 and didn't and then tried again later and I eventually OV'd on CD22.

I've no idea why, it's the longest cycle i've ever had. My longest before that was 33 days.

My first daughter was 18 months NTNP and 16 months actively trying, our second daughter was 11 months (although when TTC the first and second time, my husband was away most of the month as he was a soldier!). This time its been 17 months and my hubby is home every night.. I've ordered the clearblue digital ovulation kit for this month so hoping I can work out whats going on in my cycle! xxx

I had used those the month I got my bfp in 2012, i used the normal OPKs and when I thought it was positive, confirmed it with the CB. They're very good!

I might go hunting on amazon for some this afternoon to use for this cycle :)

Do you think your gynae will put you on clomid if they say you're not ovulating?

I had used those the month I got my bfp in 2012, i used the normal OPKs and when I thought it was positive, confirmed it with the CB. They're very good!

I might go hunting on amazon for some this afternoon to use for this cycle :)

Do you think your gynae will put you on clomid if they say you're not ovulating?

I am hoping so! Just awaiting my thyroid blood test result to come back, and my GP is referring me to the gynae! Are you in the UK? I got some of the clearblue tests on there, warehouse deals. Just the box had been opened, £13 instead of the usual £20 + :) xx

Ooooh thats good!

Yes, i'm in the UK. I've just been along to my local holland and barrett and am going to try the agnus castus this month with evening primrose and see how it goes.

Just bought myself a load of new OPKs and CB smileys too :)

Ive just realised, I think I've bought the wrong thing!!

Are these no good?

https://www.hollandandbarrett.com/s...femlieve-agnus-castus-4mg-30-tablets-60035285

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->