17 week old gone off milk?! Advice please!

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Louppey, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Louppey

Louppey Mummy to 2 girls <3

Well my LO seems to be hating her milk at the moment. She tends to have anywhere between 800 & 900ml per day, over 5 bottles. Sometimes she will dip and only take 700ml and other days take 900 something...

Since yesterday though it's like she doesn't want milk full stop :wacko: I really struggled to get her to take every single bottle yesterday, and today she is even worse. Her first bottle this morning, she only took 130ml and tbh I think most of that went all over her bib as she was just spitting it back out :dohh: I'm at work, so she's at my parents and they just text to say she is being a nightmare, won't take her milk etc, has only taken 140ml each bottle. This is most unlike her, she will normally take atleast 170-180ml.

So I don't know, I guess i'm after advice? Is she going through a stage of being fussy / not hungry or should I be thinking about changing her formula :shrug:

I started weaning her yesterday (HV advice - she's not putting on enough weight :() might that have anything to do with it?

2. PinkEmily

PinkEmily Well-Known Member

Im not sure if this will help, but a similar thing happened with Olly and his Tommee Tippee bottles so i tried him with a different brand and a different shaped teat and he was fine x

3. tristansmum

tristansmum Well-Known Member

tristan would have off days... where he'd take alot less milk. it may improve after a few days.

4. MrsWatson

MrsWatson Well-Known Member

My LO waqs consistently taking 700-800 a day, but through May this dropped to 600-700 and now it's a struggle to get 600 into her.

My HV is rubbish, so I went to a different clinic yesterday and had a good cry, and the lovely HV there told me that LO is bored of milk - apparently it's quite common. I've been advised to start weaning early, apparently when they start eating something else it kick starts them into taking more milk again.

5. whoops

whoops Just me and my LO

My LO is the same - I switched her onto a faster flowing teat and she's better, but we still struggle with at least one feed every day. I've found though that if I stop fighting with her and do something else for a little while (nappy change, play etc) that she's more likely to take the remainder after that little break.

I think I'm just going to have to put up with it until I'm ready to wean her.

6. beccybobeccy

beccybobeccy Well-Known Member

Sofia is 4 months old too. There is a big growth spurt that starts at 15ish weeks and can continue til 19 weeks. It could be that. She only ever really takes between 700-800ml anyway.

7. Louppey

Louppey Mummy to 2 girls <3

Thanks for all the advice ladies :thumbup:

I managed to get a full bottle in her earlier, after her purée & a little cooled boiled water. So I'm quite pleased. I'll Dreamfeed her when I go to bed so that gets a bit more in her!!

Feel like I'm being a stress head mummy :blush: