17 year old that just won't comply!

charlotteb24

Noah & William's Mummy
Reaction score
Ok you may have heard me rant about my step kids on here a lot but here's another one to add to the list! My 17 year old step son is a buggar, he knows we don't drive and he uses it to his advantage.

We set him reasonable times to arrive back at ours as he has abused our trust so many times. He goes on the train to visit friends he went to school with in a village about 12 miles away. They are all a bunch of wasters who influence and bring out the bad side in him. He used to smoke weed but doesn't to our knowledge now. They still do. He arrives home repetedly late, which make us wait in the dark and cold at the train station with his 2 younger brothers. Or he doesn't come back at all, the record being 4 days. Last time his phone ran out of battery, we waited at the station 2 hours to no avail, he rang his mum who he lives with 200 miles away to say he's at the station but fails yo say which one! We had to call the police and nearly register him missing.

I've told him and so has his dad, that this time around he's not leaving gloucester on his own, he's not meeting that bunch of friends and he's had his last chance to show he's an adult and he's blown it. He's a very young 17. He will be wingy, rude and mouthy no doubt but am I doing the right thing? It's so selfish, we have to equally share time between all 3 of them and with him it's all me me me! If we had a car it would probably be a different story but as we can't keep tracks on him, and can't trust him to be home when he's told to, we are having to restrain him!

And then we have his bloody nan saying he can stay with her and do what he wants instead of backing our punishment! The bloody ammount of hasstle and worry hebhas caused and she says that and she's in no fit state to e running round after him as she's waiting for an operation! I actually dispair! Lol!

Youve definatley done the right thing, if he cant prove he can be trusted then he cant be allowed the freedom, simple as!!

I dont no how long his mother and father have been separated for, but from my experience this can be hard in the teenage yrs and rebelling is part of it. If hes hanging out with ppl who smoke weed, hes still probably smoking it. All i can say is ive been there done that and can say thats its probably a faze. :hugs: looking bk i no it was hard for my step dad and mum, i gave them so much s***t but it didnt last forever we soon grow up and learn. Your doin a great job. Just a thought as hes 17 have you thought of driving lessons for him, could mean that he has his own sense of independant and also a bribe to be good. Plus you wouldnt have to wait for him at train stations!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->