18 & pregnant...worried!!

Discussion in 'Teen Pregnancy' started by Jadey-x, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Jadey-x

Jadey-x Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, here's a few of my worries, dunno if anybody can help?

So i was due to start college on September on a 2year course, but dunno if i can now? anybody with any advice on the education front?

Ok im currently working as a waitress in Pizza Hut :sleep: boo, i know, but my symptoms are really affecting my work? is there anything i can do to maybe get a bit of time out??

My OH has some debts, so i need to keep earning to help him get out, dont want these hanging over us when baby comes right??

ALL my mates wanna be godmother, dunno how to choose?!

If anybody can relate to any and has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated :flower:

I'm really over the moon about being pregnant, just a few things on my mind :shy: x

2. jen1604

jen1604 Well-Known Member

Ok...
    So i was due to start college on September on a 2year course, but dunno if i can now? anybody with any advice on the education front?
    It will be hard but people have done it.You will just have to be dedicated and commited if you want to get through it
    Ok im currently working as a waitress in Pizza Hut boo, i know, but my symptoms are really affecting my work? is there anything i can do to maybe get a bit of time out??
    Your symptoms will ease off as you hit 2nd tri.Just try and work through it I would advise,you will need time off for scans/midwife appointments so if you want your work to be sympathetic its probably best to try and work through it as much as you can.plus the fact obviously you need to be saving as much as you can for everything you'll need for baby :thumbup: plus clearing your OH's debts which yes,you guys definitely will want to clear as much as you can before baby arrives.
    ALL my mates wanna be godmother, dunno how to choose?!
    Not something you even need to be considering right now!If you want someone to be godmother it will obviously need to be based on who you think would be best to leave a baby with if you died (sorry I know thats harsh but its the truth :) ) so maybe just wait it out,see which of your friends are there for you during your pregnancy and who helps you most when baby arrives.A lot of the girls on here find that their friends arent great with the support while theyre pregnant but fingers crossed your friends will come through for you and you can make a decision based on that :thumbup:

And congrats on your pregnancy!!Wishing you a very happy and healthy 9 months xxxx

3. xforuiholdonx

xforuiholdonx Momma to Emma and Coltin!

Stay on the college track my dear. You'll have to take a semester off when the baby comes, but after that, some colleges have day care for their students.
    The symptoms should die down a bit rather soon, try and push through it, but dont push it too much.
    Your OH's debt will resolve itself eventually. Even with you helping, it should make a difference. It'll be easier without the debt, just dont push youself to hard to get rid of it.
    AND as for god mom, follow your heart with it. Look at the ppl that wish to be permantely fixed in this childs life, and if, god forbid, something ever happened to you, and your family was unable to, which one of them would you want to help raise your child.
    Good luck dear :).
    Lisa

4. lauraperrysan

lauraperrysan Mummy of 2!! :)

hi, just to say godmother is not the person you leave ur baby with if u die (sorry!!). This will only be decided and agreed in ur will if you have one. A godmother or god parent is someone who will encourage ur child to go to church, live an honest, good, christian life. Many people misunderstand the true meaning.
    I did until the vicar told me!!
    Good luck and life has a way of working out, wishing u all the best and hope u get some much needed rest from work
    xx

5. ellie09

ellie09 Well-Known Member

I have the same problem with Godparents! Me and OH said i'd pick the two God mothers and he could pick the God father. I have two older sisters who i want for God mothers but i have a best friend who wants it too! My other best friend is a boy and he's asked to be God father but OH has already chose his best friend. :wacko:

I'm due to start a two year college course in September too, i'm still going to go. I didn't know whether to drop out and get a job but a lot of people on here who have already had babies have said it's probably best to stay in education. What sort of course are you doing? My friend got pregnant last year and she went for a few months, she was due in the March and left before Christmas, she's been doing her course from home and isn't going back this year ether. She gets her work sent to her in email and she does it all online. I'm starting a childcare course and i need to have a practical placement in a nursery so i can't do my course from home. Sorry i wasn't much help, but good luck!

6. etcetera

etcetera Well-Known Member

Same problem here with Godparents only my OH has pretty much already set his mind on his friend Kristen and his friend Kevin

And has pretty much said no to all of my suggestions. It bites x.

7. Jadey-x

Im doing health and social care, which i also need a practical placement for!! but yeah, i think ill go for it, gonna visit my college tuesday and find out my options.. thank you :) x

8. Jadey-x

You have to have input aswell!! he cant decide BOTH?? x