18 & Pregnant!

trinaestella

Aliyah's mummy! <3
Reaction score
I guess its not that bad, but I wanted this. And now he's backed out because of shockness, were both shocked I guess cos I only found out yesterday.

Apart from crying over my boyfriend who I dumped yesterday because he wanted me to abort, how long will it take for this to sink in. I can't believe I have a responsibility soon, I just can't believe it I am trying not to panic but I just need to get used to this so I can sort myself out and get ready for baby.

I told my mum yesterday, and now I have to tell my dad (she's going to tell him for me) I'm just scared I'm going to lose all the important people in my life, and I don't want to do this alone. Was anyone feeling scared, lonely and kinda stressed yet happy when they found out they were pregnant? :wacko:

:cry: xxx

First of all, congratulations! Give him some time, he might come around. I was definitely shocked when I found out, I didn't know whether to laugh or to cry! I don't really remember when it actually "sank in", to be honest there are some days where I still feel like it hasn't sunk in! Don't worry about losing the important people, if they love you, they'll stick around. I expected my family to freak out, and they have been more than supportive. It may take some getting used to, but I'm sure it will get easier eith time! This is a time to celebrate! A baby is a blessing. I hope it all works out for you. We're all here to support you, so feel free to ask us anything!!

My name is Krystal by the way! I'm 19, and 32 weeks pregnant with a sweet little girl named Madison. Welcome to BNB :flower:

Awww thankyou krystal :hug:
So good to know there's other people going through the same thing, even though pregnancy is a common and normal thing I just still felt alone and scared. I'm gonna miss being a single person, kind of feel a bit trapped now but I'm sure its hormones and ill get used to it, I think ill go get counselling as well, just because when I stress I really stress and I don't want to harm me or the baby.
I'm sure he will come around too, I know he loves me and he has a heart he won't just walk out on us and live a life knowing he has a baby somewhere. I'm sooo excited though! Just to think I'm gonna be a mummy to someone is so cool! Krystal, thanks for commenting and giving me supportive advice, means a lot right now :cry: :hugs:
xxx

Hey hun<3 I'm Skye, I'm 17 and 23 weeks pregnant with a little boy. I don't think it's still fully sunk in for me :dohh: takes time but you're a strong women and you'll see that with or without him you'll raise that baby perfectly fine!! It's scary, but it'll all be worth it in the end! :hugs: and congrats on your pregnancy! If you need someone to talk to you can always Private message me :)

I guess its not that bad, but I wanted this. And now he's backed out because of shockness, were both shocked I guess cos I only found out yesterday.

Apart from crying over my boyfriend who I dumped yesterday because he wanted me to abort, how long will it take for this to sink in. I can't believe I have a responsibility soon, I just can't believe it I am trying not to panic but I just need to get used to this so I can sort myself out and get ready for baby.

I told my mum yesterday, and now I have to tell my dad (she's going to tell him for me) I'm just scared I'm going to lose all the important people in my life, and I don't want to do this alone. Was anyone feeling scared, lonely and kinda stressed yet happy when they found out they were pregnant? :wacko:

:cry: xxx

first of all congrats i think ur boyfriend was in alot of shock and im sure he will come around.

most people i have told were initially shocked but everyone is happy about it now. not that alot of people know im pregnant because iv not seen them all of my family and my fiances family know.

btw im ashleigh im 18 and 14 weeks and 5 days pregnant :D x

Thank you girliess, and thank you skye nice to know I have a new friend I can talk to :) :hugs:

I'm feeling a bit better now, I feel like I am actually bringing a life that will mean something to some people. Thanks ever so much girliess <3

Hi sweet :hugs: I'm Rachel, 19, due July 5th (35 weeks pregnant) with a little girl.
If it's any help my boyfriend told me he didn't want the baby and I'd ruin his life if I kept her. Now I'm due in 5 weeks, we're moving out together today and he is SO excited to meet his daughter. Give him some time, he's probably in shock, yes probably an ass hole thing to say on his behalf but with time most of them do come round, I think my OH get's more excited than me sometimes now! and he even said he can't believe he felt that way all those months ago xx

First off, congratulations :hugs: Its completely normal to feel the way you're feeling. I couldn't even react when I found out I was pregnant, I was scared but I couldn't help but to smile. You're family will most likely be in shock and it'll take some time for the excitement part to settle in, once they have grasped and accepted the fact that you're pregnant everything will be fine, if they love you they will support you and be there for you! As for your boyfriend (as rude as he was) is probably still in shock, give him time! My boyfriend would never say it but he would always lean toward it but saying "well you know there is other options" and he would disappointment me and just didn't seem interested at first, but he was just scared and shocked, he still is scared but he is also so happy! He's always talking to my belly and giving it kisses and he works hard! I'm STILL nervous hehe, so don't worry! As long as you do your best everything will be fine! :hugs:

I'm Chrissy, 16, 35 weeks 2 days pregnant with my first! My OH and I are expecting a baby boy named Jace, July 4th 2011 :flower:

Hi lovely :) I'm Sarah, I'm 18 and I'm 18 and a half weeks pregnant with twins.
I think everyone here has gone through/felt what you are right now. Its definitley worrying but I'm sure you'll find a great support system here. The girls are absolute stars!

Being pregnant really is a whirlwind of emotions, and I'm glad you're feeling better.
You obviously love LO and I think you'll be an amazing mum! :)

heyy, congratulations and welcome, im kayte, 19 and 10+6 with my first :) my boyfriend wanted me to abort as well when we first found out, we were both shocked but i was secretly excited. it was not planned. after having a few weeks to sink in, he is starting to come around bit by bit. and he has promised he will be there for me and the baby. i hope your OH comes around, he probably will just give him time and space. hes scared. hope telling your dad goes okay, if you need anything feel free to pm me. xx

i was 18 when i fell pregnant, we'd been ttc
for years and it was still a shock, it didn't sink
in until i actually felt the baby kick then it really
got exciting, you'll be fine, pregnancy's full of ups
and downs no matter how old you are and your
parents will come around eventually :hugs:

the girls on here are brilliant, i've got a 2 year old
now and i still feel at home, even when i'm feeling
lonely and down the girlies on here are always
about to pick me back up again, i've met some
wonderful friends on here :thumbup:

congratulations :happydance:

Welcome to BNB and Congratulations on your pregnancy :flow:
My name is Chloé, I am 18 years old and 34+2 weeks pregnant with a little un-planned bundle of joy. It took me really long to come around to this pregnancy because I was supposed to be going to university in September and I was just in soo much shock. My partner Conor was extremely happy with the pregnancy and support from we found out on Halloween Day at 2+6 weeks. But, we actually had a few problems because I realised he was still in shock over the pregnancy and had not come to terms with the idea of me being pregnant. We took a break for a while to sort some things out and it really helped! Now we are both eagerly awaiting the birth of our :yellow: baby on the 11th of July and then hopefully moving in together in August!

I take it that your mother reacted well to the news? xoxoxoxoox

Hi! Congratulations and welcome to BNB :hugs:

Honestly, I could've written this myself. Except, I found out I was pregnant when I was 14 weeks. OH and everyone in my family wanted me to terminate and I even went so far to go to the clinic to terminate but left beforehand because I really didn't want to do it. Even though I felt so much hatred from everyone because of my pregnancy, they all came around. They were all disappointed because they expected me to go off to university, make a better life for myself, find a great guy and get married THAN have kids. But sometimes it doesn't work like that. OH eventually came around after a few weeks and he was so supportive, he is one of the best dads I know now. He helps me out so much and he loves his son, it just goes to show that your boyfriend may come around. And my family loves Kenny now, my dad and him are like BFF's LOL. In time everyone will come around, since you just found out yesterday, I'd give it a little bit and than ask your boyfriend how he's dealing with it. It's shocking for everyone. But hopefully they all come around.
:hugs:

Welcome to BNB and Congratulations on your pregnancy :flow:
My name is Chloé, I am 18 years old and 34+2 weeks pregnant with a little un-planned bundle of joy. It took me really long to come around to this pregnancy because I was supposed to be going to university in September and I was just in soo much shock. My partner Conor was extremely happy with the pregnancy and support from we found out on Halloween Day at 2+6 weeks. But, we actually had a few problems because I realised he was still in shock over the pregnancy and had not come to terms with the idea of me being pregnant. We took a break for a while to sort some things out and it really helped! Now we are both eagerly awaiting the birth of our :yellow: baby on the 11th of July and then hopefully moving in together in August!

I take it that your mother reacted well to the news? xoxoxoxoox

Thanks Chloé, yeah mother reacted well and so did father.. my brother's a bit like "oh my god" and my sister's happy. Every one overall is shocked but happy I guess, and today my boyfriend is coming over to see me.. I just want my baby to be happy and live the best life ever, I want her/him to not be brought up in drama and to be loved dearly.

I am becoming more excited now though, I just have to adjust to changing.

Thanks everyone for the best wishes! I am just getting there I guess reality has hit me hard now, I need to start baby shopping soon :happydance:

hey im melissa im 18 and 8 weeks pregnant with my first we not much far apart with dates if u ever wanna chat feel free to message me =] x

I don't know if what you meant was that you wanted to be pregnant, or what you wanted in the beginning, but congratulations! That is exactly how I felt the first time I got pregnant, I was 15, terrified, in denial, but also excited. I came out telling friends one by one, and with the exception of a few, I lost most of my friends because they just did not understand. At that point, I did not want to be pregnant, but got excited, but FOB was terrified. I miscarried two months after we found out and though I had been in denial most of the time, we were both devastated. Just about a year later he told me he wanted a baby and we should try again. We didn't, but it just goes to show how men can come around. This was coming from someone who never wanted children. But know that if FOB does not come around, that you are strong enough to do this without him. Just by the decision you have made to have this baby and do it alone shows me that, it takes a very strong person to take that on.

We are no longer together, but I am now 19, and happily pregnant with a very planned LO to be. Getting pregnant young changes your entire outlook on life. If it was not for getting pregnant then, I don't know if I ever would have wanted children, and now here I am. Take it as a blessing, and you will come around to being less in shock, and just excited. Once everyone knows, it is easier to be happy because you are no longer so worried about having to tell them. PM me if you ever wanna talk, and congratulations again! :hugs:

Thanks Chloé, yeah mother reacted well and so did father.. my brother's a bit like "oh my god" and my sister's happy. Every one overall is shocked but happy I guess, and today my boyfriend is coming over to see me.. I just want my baby to be happy and live the best life ever, I want her/him to not be brought up in drama and to be loved dearly.

I am becoming more excited now though, I just have to adjust to changing.

I am glad that your family reacted well to the news :hugs: My parents and Conor's were a little shocked at the beginning but that soon faded and they are now all extremely excited about becoming grand-parents! My sister and brother were excited but Conor's sister was not happy in the slightest. She actually threatened to attack me and to have an abortion but I just ignored her :thumbup:
That's brilliant that you want what's best for your little one! I wish you the best of luck with FOB and throughout your pregnancy xx

Aww wow, kittykat18 your bump looks so cute! This is one of the reason why I'm glad to be pregnant, I'm looking forward to the bump and dressing in maternity clothes lol :) nice to know you ignored his sister, my brother wanted me to abort but my mum backed me and said "remember I was preg with you at 18 and didn't abort you!", so he soon came around lol. I couldn't ask for a better family support, and I'm beginning to love my little embryo already :D thanks babe x

Mamawanabee I did want to have a baby with him and so did he, he told me we didn't need to worry about the money and stuff, and he always wanted to have a baby with him. He's a bit bi-polar tbh, I can't be arsed with it, just glad the important people in my family know now I can feel comfortable with my pregnancy. My brothers offered to help look after it, and he only last year had a baby so he's happy that they're going to be near the same age :hugs:
Hahaa funny you mentioned about losing friends, this girl who I wasn't really too keen on isn't really my friend because I am pregnant so she decided to stop hanging around with me and my 2 friends, she thinks I got pregnant on purpose to dispise her because she had an abortion, but even my close friend says that everywhere you go you see pregnant people she can't go around hating them, lol. She even got upset because my friend had a virtual baby for a weekend, this girl needs to grow up tbh. :thumbup:
To be honest I got 2 supportive bestfriends who I'm making an aunty, both are getting ready for baby already!! They're buying gifts and so is one of their mums and my bestfriends 18th is in 2 weeks she refuses I go incase I fall over or something, so she has planned to have a meal for all of us so I can celebrate:) its so nice having them as friends and my family still out there for me, I couldn't be any happier right now, thanks for your kindness in this post and everyone else :') I keep looking back at my HPT I should really thrów it away but its the only thing that makes me believe I am pregnant right now, except from the cramps loool. Thanks for not making me feel alone, lots of love to yous and I shall add you and talk whenever xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->