18 week bump - am I carrying high or low?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Maid Marian, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Maid Marian

Maid Marian Guest

This is the first time I've posted a bump pic, cos I'm a wee bit embarrassed about my horrible stretch-marks!
    What does everyone think? Is it big or small for 18 weeks?

2. Shell999

Shell999 Mummy to two under two!

Its a lovely bump, and similar to mine at 18wks, I seemed to pop at 18wks ish
    Looks low to me, like mine too! congrats xxx

3. charlottelucy

charlottelucy Well-Known Member

Yr bump seems the right size hun :). Nothing wrong with stretch mark, they are mummy marks ^__^.
    Would say a low bump but not 100%
    xx

4. BexyD

BexyD Well-Known Member

Dont worry about the stretch marks!! My belly is like crepe paper after 3!! They do fde in time and hardly noticeable!

I dunno about size of bump, we all grow at diff rates.
    Compared to mine, you are smaller, but this is my 4th and was i a bit overweight to start with. Plus I have the joys of bloating etc!
    I reckon you are normal!!
    aNd i think low too xx

5. Maid Marian

Maid Marian Guest

:hugs: Love that!

6. mamamay

mamamay Mummy to Leo

Yeah dont even worry about stretch marks! I think low like mine is hun, very cute bump xx

7. feedindy

feedindy Well-Known Member

Cute bump! My bump is super high for some reason I think.
    As for stretch marks, I like what my husband tells me... they make me look like a sexy tiger. Haha it makes me feel better about them.

8. Wishfullmama

Wishfullmama Well-Known Member

I always like to believe my stretch marks are like a road map, they tell my story about my kids and carrying them :haha:
    I think you look perfect and wonderful for 18 weeks! :thumbup:
    I would also have to say carrying low, I cant forget for the life of me what the wives tale was when it came to sexes and how you carry....makes me begin to wonder tho :shrug:
    Looks like a lovely bump! :hugs:

9. Maid Marian

Maid Marian Guest

That's a lovely way to think about them :D
    Thank you - I feel much better now!

It's if you're carrying low then it's a boy, which it is :blue: :thumbup:

10. Brieanna

Brieanna Well-Known Member

I would say low too, because I think mine is high (it is right under my boobs!) and yours looks a lot lower than mine. At 18 weeks I wasn't even showing yet and even now if i am wearing a t-shirt, a complete stranger would have no idea if I was pregnant, so I think we all grow at different rates.

I have been taking pictures of my belly even though I feel fat and stuff, because I know I will probably cherish them later on in life, so I would say, don't worry about your stretch marks!

11. Maid Marian

Maid Marian Guest

Just wish I was getting the 'pros' of carrying low, like not having breathing problems! I'm always feeling like my lungs are totally squashed :dohh:

12. londonangel

londonangel Well-Known Member

Your bump looks a similar size to what mine was at 18 weeks. Mine seems to have got massively big over the last three weeks though. I dread to think what I will look like soon! And I'm only half-way!