18 weeks, 5th baby no movement?!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by kate1984, Oct 6, 2013.

1. kate1984

kate1984 Expecting a Princess

Ok so I don't really post in here much at all till 3rd tri but I need some advice.

Im pregnant with baby number 5 and my much awaited baby girl, I have a doppler (a sonoline b) which i listen in each night for 30 seconds to a minute. I always pick up heartbeat but it is always very low down in my pubic area..... i dont understand why she isnt moving up? I dont see mw till 25 weeks and dont even have a number for her.

Plus I dont feel movement.... I felt it with my others early around 14/15 weeks but this time i can feel a nudge maybe once a day and thats it! i thought she would be wriggling a lot by now and it's scaring me that i cant feel her but when i put the doppler on i can hear her bashing away in there.

Just after some advice or maybe somebody who is having not first baby that is going through the same thing?

2. jenniferttc1

jenniferttc1 mommy of 1 baking #2

My baby is low, and always stayed low so far. As for movements. Possible anterior placenta? I have anterior this time around and it really cushions hos kicks unless they are low, or to the side. Or just really hard kick in the middle

3. kate1984

ah ok thanks, i have no clue on the placenta site as it's never been mentioned to me or commented on but that would explain it i guess. will ask when i go for 20 week scan in a few week.

Thank you for mentioning about where your baby is, i thought she would be way up by my belly button by now lol

4. Mommy2be20

Mommy2be20 Mom to Lyla & CJ <3

Exactly the same as jenniferttc for me! I was expecting to feel this baby early on as I felt DD at 15w. I finally started feeling for sure kicks at the end of 18w and come to find out at my 20w scan, my placenta is anterior. That's probably the case for you, don't worry, you'll feel kicks shortly :flower:

5. Whitesoxfan41

Whitesoxfan41 Well-Known Member

I'm 21 weeks and am not feeling a ton of movement yet, the doc said the placenta was cushioning her in a way that made me feel less. She's also VERY low. Two appointments in a row the nurse couldn't find the HB, but the doc could, because it was so low. She's still laying along the bottom of my stomach as of my ultrasound last week.

6. Chalrhow

Chalrhow Pregnant Mum to 5

I was gonna suggest anterior placenta too... i think my placenta may be anterior as im not feeling anywhere near as much movement as i did with my last pregnancy... Only a few kicks or punches... Im sure i was feeling loads more movement at this stage and earlier with previous pregnancies... This is baby number 6... Im going to ask at my scan where my placenta is... Cant wait for proper big kicks and rolls :)

7. Lashes85

Lashes85 Mommy to FOUR boys <3

Im 21 weeks with 5th baby, my first long awaited little girl too :)
    I still cant feel her yet :( she seems low as well. And my placenta is at the top (fundal) so I don't know why im not feeling her yet. I was definitely feeling my boys by now. I don't see my MW till 27 weeks now and haven't got a droppler. I have a scan in 2 weeks though to check her heart as she wouldn't show it us at the last scan. Xx

8. kate1984

Thank you so much ladies, feel lots better after reading your replies! Was in the kitchen earlier making breakfast for DS1 and im sure i felt a roll or rumble so i think she was waking up and saying stop worrying mummy!

9. darcie

darcie Well-Known Member

With my 2nd he was always low down the midwife always commented, I think it was just the way he was. As for movements each pregnancy is different and as the other ladies have mentioned it could be your placenta is in the way x

10. RunningMomOf3

RunningMomOf3 Well-Known Member

I'm in the same boat as you and agree with what everyone else has posted. I'm working on baby 4 and 5, and I thought by now, I'd be feeling them bouncing all over the place! I do feel worried, but just keep reminding myself that every pregnancy is different. I wonder also by the fact that our uterus' have been stretched out with so many pregnancies can effect how we feel the baby?

Don't know for sure, but I also hear those little ones bouncing around in there when I listen with a dopler.. Good luck! I know we won't stop worrying until we meet our LO for the 1st time....

11. Cryssie

Cryssie Mommy to Alek & Lainee

This lil girl is still sitting low and I'm almost 23 weeks! I feel a few kicks above the belly button but mostly below. I just started to feel her regularly at 20 weeks.