18dpo, BFN, temp still up...?? anyone else in this boat?

cindylouwho

Pregnant (due 3/16/13)
Reaction score
So I am officially 18dpo today (I had a VERY clear temp shift preceded by an enormous dip so I know for certain that I ovulated May 16th). My temperature is still up, I'm having so much discharge (lotiony and watery with occasional ewcm) I keep running to the bathroom to make sure AF isn't here, and yet... BFN this morning! It wasn't FMU (it was second) but shouldn't it not matter by now???

I have a doctor's appointment set up for Monday so if AF isn't here by then I'll get it all looked into there. It's making me crazy though! This is day 43 of this cycle, so I'm ready to start over again! ;)

Anyone else late and getting BFNs?

I know how you feel cindylouwho, I am also late and have had 3 BFN's so far! I'm trying to keep the hope but it's fading fast! It's like AF is playing tricks on us...just come on already so I can start trying again!!
On a positive note though I have read lots of stories online about people not getting BFP's until weeks after their missed periods so try stay positive you never know until the witch shows!!!!:flower:

Do u have a link to your chart? Maybe we could take a peek for you!

I'm actually not getting my hopes up too much. Two months ago I was POSITIVE I was pregnant and so was my husband..... for 2 weeks we planned, talked about it, got all excited. I kept getting negative tests but telling myself I was just one of those women who would be really late. Finally I went to the doctor and was definitely not pregnant, no chance, absolutely no HCG in my system. So after that, I am trying to just sort of "play it cool". Honestly, I think it's probably more likely that I have a corpus luteum cyst or something. The only thing I can't figure out is why I have so much CM, and my cervix has been in a weird position for the last week - right after I ovulated, for a few days it was definitely low, closed and firm. Now it seems like it's medium, closed, and medium/soft though. But I know that my body has done really crazy things in the past and not been pregnant, so I can't put a lot of stock in it! I will update after my appointment Monday though........

Oh and I accidentally posted this here... I actually meant to put it in the 2WW forum! Can I repost it there as well?

Yes! Except I am 16 dpo and still testing negative. AF is no where in sight. I too am not trying to get too excited.

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/357e19

Here is my chart. I chart manually but just entered all the info into FF this morning to see if it had any different info (it didn't!), so you're in luck. ;) As you can see, there is almost no chance that I was wrong about my O date, since I had a very clear temp dip and rise.

Oh and I accidentally posted this here... I actually meant to put it in the 2WW forum! Can I repost it there as well?

Eh you can but most of the girls who post in 2ww also post in TTC, so it will get seen. :thumbup:

Oh I should also say - for one of those two dips below coverline (and most of the temps that even come close to the coverline) there were reasons. One day our heater was broken and it was really cold, several days I took tylenol in the middle of hte night that lowered my temp, etc. So while it looks crazy in the luteal phase, that's mostly a reflection of outside factors.

Well, on to 19dpo and temp still high. I actually caught a virus from my hubby so my temp is a bit higher than normal, I'm guessing. But still way above my coverline! Just playing the waiting game till Monday.....

I'm still waiting too. Although I'm think I oved later as my few days after ov temps are kind of low. Still getting bfns

OK, so here is my grisly update. I went to the doctor today, showed him my chart (I am 21dpo, still no AF). He ran a pregnancy test and a progesterone test to confirm that I ovulated (I will get the progesterone results tomorrow). The pregnancy test was....... negative. I wasn't really surprised, because I've had a gut feeling all along that I definitely was not pregnant, but I am just SO frustrated. I came home and cried for like a solid hour. At this point, though of course I desperately want to be pregnant, I don't even care so much about not being pregnant.... I just want my body to do ANYTHING right, and I want AF to come!!!

Ugh. Sorry my update turned out to be a total downer!

I feel like this is my update soon as well. Did you have a blood test done? And did you go to an obgyn or just ur fam doc? Im thinking I should just go to my family doc and have blood work done.

Yes, I had a blood test (I never see the point in getting a urine test @ the doctor since I can just do that at home!!! Plus, I have a lot of medical issues that make it pretty important to know if I'm pregnant asap). I just went to my family doctor. I haven't chosen an OB/GYN yet because I will be a high risk pregnancy, but live in a small town where nobody understands my rare disease, so none of my options seem good! LOL. For right now, I'm happy with my family doctor, though if I can't get stuff sorted out in the next few months I'll probably ask for a referral to an RE. Right now I am on day 47 of this cycle, and believe it or not, it's one of the SHORTER ones I've had in my life..... that is just wrong!!! Plus having a 4 day luteal phase one month followed by a 21+ day luteal phase the next month. Obviously, things are WAY out of whack.

Well, crazy thing... looks like AF has finally made her arrival!!! Unless the clear ovulatory pattern on my chart is wrong, it has apparently been a 23 day luteal phase. Yikes! I really hope that this next cycle will be a little more normal. A 4 day luteal phase followed by a 23 day luteal phase is just CRAZY!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"