19, 27 weeks pregnant.. mind if I join you ladies?

This is kind of a dumb question (not having a boy, so haven't looked into it) but they get circumcised right away? Before they leave the hospital?

It's not a dumb question at all!

In Judaism, circumcision is usually done on the 8th day after birth.
From my understanding, other people who have it done do usually have it when the baby's still in hospital, before leaving.

Kiddo will be having his on day 8, performed by a professional Mohel (circumcision professional, many of whom are also trained surgeons or doctors, as will also be the case with us), probably in our local synagogue.

I've read various things that mention that on day 8, the baby's platelets are at their highest (they apparently start rising when he's born, peak at day 8, and then go down again afterwards), which makes it the ideal time, because the blood will clot more easily and faster after the procedure.

There are cases (at least for Jewish boys) where for one reason or another it has to be delayed (my cousin's son, for instance, was born 6 weeks premature, and had to be in the NICU for 5 weeks before he could be brought home. In his case, they actually named him earlier, and had the Brit Milah when he was finally home, so he was 6 weeks old before he had it done).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->