19.3 weeks pregnant and having a scan will they be able to see sex of baby

laydee10

Reaction score
hey everyone im 18 weeks now but ill be 19.3 weeks when i go for my scan to find out gender of baby...but when i made the appointment the lady was like well u should really book it at 20 weeks cos then u will see the gender of baby.
does anyone know if u can still see the gender of baby even at 19 weeks...the only reason i couldn do it at 20 weeks was coz im flying out to australia to live and my partner is coming after and we want to experience the ultrasound together....

Oh yes, most likely... unless baby is in some weird position that they can't see betweeen his/her legs. Here in Canada my scans have always been at 18 weeks and I have never had a problem finding out the sex.

well i just had a scan today and i am 19wks and 2 days and they found the sex of my baby

I have known some women who had found out as early as 17 weeks. I am sure if baby works with the tech you should be able to see the goodies and find out the sex.

Ive booked mine privately for 17 weeks and its for sexing. They say if they cant tell as baby is in a bad position then you can go back another day to find out...they wouldnt bother scanning people if they couldnt find out as it would waste their time and money. Good luck with your scan and as long as baby is in the right position then im sure you will find out =] xxx

Yep i found out at 16 weeks yayyyy .
Then confirmed at 18 weeks , Then again at 19 weeks lol .
Stubborn baby showed bits but not his important bits like his spine and neck lol . xx .

they should be able to, they can usually tell from 16 weeks (obviously as long as baby plays ball to and shows off it's bits)

My cousin found out at 14 weeks actually. A lot of time the midwifes at our hospital hear will schedule you really early like 16 weeks and sometimes before if its your second baby. Its always 18 or maybe a little before if its your first but I think thats just cause the midwifes normally no there previous patients better lol. So I think you should be fine. I have mine in about 2 weeks and I will be a little over 18 weeks as the OB ultrasounds have been REALLLY overbooked lately.

Good Luck

My hubbies cousin found out at 13 weeks durring her nuchal scan. They said 70% sure and well they were right it was a girl :D

thanks everyone...thats reassuring...i cant wait for my scan..im sooo excited...ive been waiting from the minute i steped out of my last ultasound appointment which was at 12 weeks...its soo amazing to see the changes and to think "wow this is a part of me and my husband.." it is soo beautiful

You most definitely can! I had my scan at 18 weeks and the pictures clearly showed I'd be having a baby girl :D I hope you have a wonderful experience and the clearest pictures you want!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"