19 and pregnant

miaaa

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just found out I'm pregnant and broke up with my ex boyfriend less than 24 hours ago, it was the worst break up, and I was emotional and crying at first because of my father, and needed his support and he fell asleep. And so I got up for a smoke (cigarette) and turned on the light to find a lighter. I couldn't find one, so he got upset that I left the light on for too long (which was across the room) and didn't even talk to me or anything. So I asked him, and he just neglected to even talking to me or even saying a word. I know it sounds dramatic, but I was super sensitive yesterday, and he simply went ballistics himself. I broke up with him because he treats me like shit and a dog all the time and now Im pregnant, and I have no clue what to do. I don't even know how to tell him that Im keeping it, and Im scared that hell just say that he wants nothing to do with me.

Hi everyone,

I just found out I'm pregnant and broke up with my ex boyfriend less than 24 hours ago, it was the worst break up, and I was emotional and crying at first because of my father, and needed his support and he fell asleep. And so I got up for a smoke (cigarette) and turned on the light to find a lighter. I couldn't find one, so he got upset that I left the light on for too long (which was across the room) and didn't even talk to me or anything. So I asked him, and he just neglected to even talking to me or even saying a word. I know it sounds dramatic, but I was super sensitive yesterday, and he simply went ballistics himself. I broke up with him because he treats me like shit and a dog all the time and now Im pregnant, and I have no clue what to do. I don't even know how to tell him that Im keeping it, and Im scared that hell just say that he wants nothing to do with me.

Hi- welcome to the group.
I’m so sorry for the break up. I want to encourage you to talk to your boyfriend as soon as possible and tell him about your pregnancy. Please take good of yourself, have enough sleep, eat healthy and consult with a doctor.
No matter how you’re feeling, there is a bright and beautiful future for you and your baby. I will be praying for you.

Have you been able to talk to your family since? <3

I had my first at 18, it was scary but I don't have any regrets. It won't be easy all the time but the good times outweighs everything else. You have to talk to your ex, if he doesn't want anything to do with you it's his loss, not yours. You wouldn't really want someone hanging around when their heart wasn't really in it, it wouldn't be helpful or good for you or your child. Do you have any other support?
I have a friend who had her first at about 17, her ex is an awful 'man' and was a terrible dad and after the first five years he couldn't be bothered anymore but that little boy did fine without him. She's a fabulous mother, she's had her struggles being on her own and everything but she still coped, she still got on with things, she still did things for herself too like college and met with her friends every now and then for an evening out. She was best off without her ex involved, and her son has done just fine without him.
I know it won't be easy to hear if he doesn't want anything to do with you both, but usually in those cases you're both best off without someone like that.
Of course, it may be that the prospect of being a dad changes him, he may start to behave like an adult and treat you as you deserve. But if he does want to stick around, make sure you tell him that treating you like rubbish has to change as you won't tolerate that behaviour anymore. You can't afford to, because it isn't just you to think about now, not that he should treat you like that anyway of course

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->