19 and TTC

benttigirl

Reaction score
Hello, My name is Lauren and I'm from Florida. My boyfriend and I are really wanting a child. My mother had me when she was 19 and I love the fact that we are so close. I would love to get pregnant this year, but I am very new to this TTC thing. I need help. I don't know when the best time is, or anything. I also need some encouragment. Even though my mother had me at the same age and tried for me as well, she keeps fighting with me on the fact that I shouldn't have a child. I haven't wanted anything more than this. I don't know how to talk to her about it. Please help.

Hi

It's very difficult when your parents are telling you maybe you should wait, luckily mine are fine with it but then again that probably because im older than you, who knows. If its what you and your boyfriend really want hun, then go for it. Also i find its best not to tell many people that you are trying, puts alot of stress and pressure on you as a couple.
xx good luck

im 18 and have been not trying not preventing since i was 13-15. then at 16 i started trying luckily im stil with the man i was with when i was 13 we are married now we took a break for about 6 months. so this is the second cycle of ttc after our "break". so we are hopeful we are using the cbfm, opks, pre seed and soft cups.. goodluck. i dont really have family except him so i cant relate to that part. its been 5 years and no pregnancy got diagnosed with stage 3 aggresive endo, and a blocked tube and was told to start trying asap last year and i had a very small chance of conception. goodluck to you though.

Thank you both very much. Hays~ I only told my mother because we have always talked about everything. I am almost regreting that I told her because she is now telling me I shouldn't do it. Thank you guys. Any tips on getting the BFP??

you should follow the smep plan this is my first month trying it lol but didnt follow it to welll :::oh and lots of sex :)

https://www.pregnancyloss.info/sperm_meets_egg_plan.htm

Thank you. I will def try the SMEP and I told my boyfriend we should twice a day. LOL. Thank you very much. When they talk about days like day 8 or whatever what do they mean?

ok so cd1 is the day your start your period k. if they tell you to start bding on cd 8. its 8days into your cycle. i wouldnt suggest making love twice a day it could actually lower the count and not be beneficial to conception because he wont have all the swimmer there.. lol... after 6 months of no success i would suggest taking basal temperature with a basal thermometer this will actually tell you if you are ovulating and if you are pregnant before a positive hpt. Also i would suggest using ovulation test which tell you when there is a hormone surge and that your body is trying to ovulate..

Basically chick your CD (cycle day) 1 is the day of your first bleed, if your cycle is normally 28 days long then you are roughly going to ovulate between CD13-CD15 BUT everyone's body's are different, i am 28 day cycle but am convinced i ovulate around CD12. Your cervical mucus will change when you due to ovulate, during and after. If your not sure then maybe try ovulation sticks so you just pee on them and when u get the lines then your due to ovulate. There's alot you can do and try, just all depends how much you want to get into it, i personally dont do much as it stresses me out and i dont want the baby making to become a chore.
There's loadsa good websites to look on that will explain this alot better than i have chick
x

https://www.askbaby.com/trying-to-conceive.htm

https://www.askamum.co.uk/Trying-to-conceive/

Do you still live at home? If you still live under her roof maybe it's best you wait until you are out are your own. If you are living on your own then it is ultimately your choice. I know I have been TTC since a younger age. I also got married at 18. I truly believe some of us grow up fast than others. Some of us just want to be mothers! Good luck on whatever choice you make :)

Hi sweetie! :flower:
Im 19 in July, and OH and I are TTC this month for the first time. We've been together for over a year and he is perfect, he wants to join the army soon and we're going to get married as soon as he's in. People definately do not understand how we feel, parents think we are stupid for marrying young, but I've had 2 long term boyfriends before my OH since 14 and I know I have grown up a lot quicker than my friends.
OH is the same age but he's just as excited. I wouldnt dream of telling my mum, she's one of those "i believe the teen mum stereotype" unfortunately :dohh: but I know she'll accept it after a while.

For me, I'm temping every morning, I have irregular cycles and Im on CD6 and still heavily bleeding :nope: I think I'm going to have problems to be honest, but no matter our age, I believe we can do it and we have a right to do it!

I've never wanted so much either, it's the deepest thing in my heart that I crave, I could just cry over it. Im here to talk if you wanna PM me! We girlies have to stick together and prove to people we are old enough and responsible enough to do it! :hugs:

well where do you live, how does your boyfriend think about this. remember, a boyfriend is gone fast, maybe you guys wanna move together and get married first. sounds like your mom is worried, not because of your age, but your boyfriend is not committed to marry you

So happy to see some girls closer to my age that are desperatly wanting to have a baby.
Sometimes it's hard to speak with women my age that just aren't mature about things. You girls are right some people just mature faster then others.

I wouldn't dare say anything to my mother as I know the thing's she would think and say.
It's just my and my OH and we will make it work :)

If anyone on here would like to be buddies I've been looking for a TTC buddy for a long time. Just haven't found the right one.

So happy to see some girls closer to my age that are desperatly wanting to have a baby.
Sometimes it's hard to speak with women my age that just aren't mature about things. You girls are right some people just mature faster then others.

I wouldn't dare say anything to my mother as I know the thing's she would think and say.

If anyone on here would like to be buddies I've been looking for a TTC buddy for a long time. Just haven't found the right one.

How old are you? :flower:
Ill be a TTC buddy! I need one, Im a newby to it lol :happydance:

just like mom and ttc said, guys come and go. Known so many that have been in one LTR after another. Alot of times, they are out of the baby and moms life so shortly after they give birth.The piece of paper is there for a reason! it's serious!

You should be ready with your own lives before deciding to introduce someone else into this world. Having a baby requires planning. Do you both work, will there be enough saved for when you have to take leave, do you have your own place, your own vehicles, I think your mom is trying to think of what's best for you. Too many moms end up with their childrens kids because they thought they were ready and responsible enough. Too many people end up having to rely on assistance of some kind, and it's just bringing the economy down and making things worse!

Being young is tough! Raising a baby when your young is even tougher!

Nothing wrong with being together and enjoying your relationship while your young now. I'm 29 and had my son at 27, I know we'll be just as close as any parent who had their child young.

I'm 20 years old.
I would love to have you as a buddy :) !!
I'm not really new at this BUT been at it a long time with no success.
Would love to have someone to share the ups and downs with.

I'm 20 years old.
I would love to have you as a buddy :) !!
I'm not really new at this BUT been at it a long time with no success.
Would love to have someone to share the ups and downs with.

Aww bless, how long have you been trying? I wanted to try around Christmas but we weren't ready. We're a lot more ready now :cloud9:
I just friend requested you sweetie! :thumbup:

My mother was told she would never be able to have kids, she happened to get pregnant with me young which was the only reason she continued the pregnancy. I'm so scared that I will have problems having children so I want to start early. It is already proving to be quite the task and there are a few thing's that point to me most likely having just as much of a problem as her.

It has really only been a year that I have been trying and before that I have never been on BC. I think my weight has to do with thing's alittle bit. I am 5'1 96 pounds and whatever I do I cannot gain weight.

How long have you been trying for?
Are your cycles regular?
Do you plan on taking anything or using anything to help with TTC?

You need to put yourself in your mothers shoes. She only wants what's best for you. Think if you had a little daughter and the hopes and dreams you would have for her. She just doesn't want to see you struggle.

I don't know your life story or living situation. I don't think age is much a concern as long as your prepared. If you guys have your own places, make enough money, and are emotionly ready then I'd say why not? But I'd really get married first. Boyfriends do come and go. A marriage would mean a life time commitment and means he's serious.

I got married at 20 and my husband was 19. I'll be 22 this month and Dh will be 21 next month. My husband's in the air force and we have a 3 bedroom house, very good health insurance and make just enough money to have a baby. When I was pregnant and buying all the things we needed it was very stressful still even tho we're set up good.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea to have a baby at your age. I was pregnant when my husband was 19 :D Just be prepared!

I'll be an army wife myself within the next year at 19 coming on 20.

Court - I'm underweight by a stone and I'm having a blood test for an over-active thyroid. I hope this doesnt cause me problems, but I know how you feel with your weight!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->