19 Kids & Counting - Jill & Derick Expecting Their First

DandJ

First time mom
Reaction score
So 19 Kids & Counting on TLC is a guilty pleasure of mine and I've been following them off and on. Jill Duggar (now Dillard) and Derek, are expecting their first child due in March just after being married 8 weeks! They couldn't even share their first kiss until their wedding day, much less DTD.

I find it hard to cope when they pretty much just end up pregnant right away when a lot of us are tracking our cycles like crazies and have been TTC for months/years! Don't even get me started on the whole 19 kids thing... UGH.

Anyone else relate or doesn't care? Hopefully I'm not the only one feeling this way... :lol:

I totally relate - so much that I had come on today to post about it, but saw you beat me to it!

They were just side hugging a couple months ago... it is nuts that she is already pregnant.

Definitely envious because DH and I are on our 14th month of TTC.

I just found out today she is pregnant and I'm like "Omg wtf? They just got married!" :roll: I'm sure it will happen to Jessa & Ben too... ugh aggravating! But like you said, they were side-hugging few months ago. They haven't even KNOWN each other for a year (since they just celebrated their Skypeversary few days ago)! :dohh: Blows. My. Mind.

I am so sorry, I bet it's even harder for you since you've been TTC for 14 months. I'll help you kick their butts :p

I didn't watch this show, but are you saying the original cast got divorced, the wife remarried and is pregnant again? Did she really conceive all 19 kids? Are you telling me this is her 20th pregnancy....

No, Michelle & Jim Bob are the parents to 19 kids. One of her daughters, Jill, just got married and is already pregnant. And yes, Michelle gave birth to all 19 kids.

Michell and Jim Bob have 19 kids, their eldest is married and has some kids (2?), and now another child got married and is pregnant.

Maybe it's in their cult-like lifestyle? The skirt wearing? Maybe they eat special fertility foods? (would that explain the 19 kids?) They live a few hours from me, in my state. I swear not everyone here is named Jim Bob...:dohh:

Oh okay I got it. Stay hopeful, what's for you is yours!

Misspriss- Their oldest son has 3 kids now(!). Also, the second oldest daughter, Jessa is engaged now too so they will probably become pregnant just as fast. :roll:

Whatever their secret, I would sure like to know and I don't even want to imagine what Michelle's hooha looks like! :rofl:

Have you seen them out in public before, Miss?

Also, I have to laugh at the fact that Jill & Derick have the same first letters as my username. D(an)andJ(ill). Yep, my name is Jill too :haha: Wish they would give me some of that :dust:!

No, I have not, but my younger sister has run into them once or twice. Once at the state capitol building (I think Jim Bob used to be in politics?) and she got her picture taken with them, and I don't remember but she may have seen them up near their house in the NW corner of the state, she went to school up there for a year.

It's that Ozark Mountain air maybe?

I can't imagine getting pregnant that many times so close together. I read she BF'd but LAM didn't work for her? My cycle didn't come back until 8 months, and it still hasn't been regular enough really, still getting short LPs.

I mean I'm Catholic, I want a "lot of kids"....Like, 5 or 6, not 19! That's just...odd. But to each their own I guess.

Michell and Jim Bob have 19 kids, their eldest is married and has some kids (2?), and now another child got married and is pregnant.

Maybe it's in their cult-like lifestyle? The skirt wearing? Maybe they eat special fertility foods? (would that explain the 19 kids?) They live a few hours from me, in my state. I swear not everyone here is named Jim Bob...:dohh:

Josh and Anna have 3 kids and are probably on their way to another one soon.

From what I have seen they don't eat especially healthy with their "tater tot casserole" and all. But maybe that is their secret.... :haha:

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v419/trixiezzz/TaterTotRecipe.jpg

https://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/ae/e3/56/aee3566b50a5630d99d160573f8aa757.jpg

Josh and Anna have 3 kids and are probably on their way to another one soon.

From what I have seen they don't eat especially healthy with their "tater tot casserole" and all. But maybe that is their secret.... :haha:

https://smg.photobucket.com/user/trixiezzz/media/TaterTotRecipe.jpg.html

Maybe it's the skirts then. Like men and briefs vs boxers? Maybe strait cut denim skirts have magical fertility powers?

No way I could wear skirts, my thighs would be so chaffed!

That casserole does sound mighty good.. mmm.

No way I could wear skirts, my thighs would be so chaffed!

That casserole does sound mighty good.. mmm.

I wear shorts under mine. Today its a pair of knit mens boxers. Sometimes compression shorts, other times it is cut off cuddle duds. Works great :D

Haven't though of wearing shorts under skirts/dresses! Good idea :thumbup: What are cuddle duds?

https://www.cuddlduds.com/

Thin underlayer thermal layer, marketed to office workers and athletes.

Very silky/smooth, I think modal or rayon?

They were my first "chub rub shorts", I made them out of despiration one day and I love them. They are pricey, I'm waiting to get them on clearance NEXT spring (after it starts to warm up) to add to my stash. The mens boxers are okay, but not idea. The waistband is too high and weird. The compression shorts are great, but pricey again.

i coulnt believe it either i just finished telling dh the exact same thing!

ive had my last 3 pretty close together 2 actually in the same year and now pregnant with hoefully with our last one but no way would i have 19 kids and i finally got pregnant after trying on my own for 5 months temping etc and finally after 2 rounds of clomid 100mg i got pregnant hope this is a sticky one so in all it took us 7 months

You know, not to be offensive to any polygamous (polygamist?) people out there, but I always wondered if there is another wife or three behind the scenes that they don't show on tv. I can't imagine having had 19 children, wow!! That would be like being pregnant for like, what 17 or 18 years straight, ugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"