• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

19 Kids & Counting - Jill & Derick Expecting Their First

You know, not to be offensive to any polygamous (polygamist?) people out there, but I always wondered if there is another wife or three behind the scenes that they don't show on tv. I can't imagine having had 19 children, wow!! That would be like being pregnant for like, what 17 or 18 years straight, ugh.

She definitely gave birth to them all. There are pictures/video of her pregnant with all of them. Polygamy is against their religious beliefs.

Oh, okay. Wow, that is being pregnant alot. I wonder how old she was when she had her first?

She was 22 when she has her first child, Josh and then gave birth every year and a half for over a decade.

Where I'm from large families were very common up until about 20 years ago (good old Catholicism!), I know of two families locally who had 22 and 24 children, usually starting when the mother was 19-21, and continuing until she could have no more, so maybe 44-46. Many of them had moved abroad by the time the others were born, and didn't meet them until they were 5-10 years old. There seems to have been a bit of a divide in the large families thing too, people seemed to have 8-12 quite often, pretty much nobody seemed to have 13-19, and then there'd be families with 20-24 again. Go big or go home I guess! :D

All I can think of with having that many children is how extremely expensive it is!!

It would be now, 30-50 years ago when it was very common here people were relatively poor anyway, then kids would work from 13-14 onwards, move out at 17-18, so at any one time they might be feeding and raising 6-10 in the house, not the full 20+. And people didn't have health insurance, house insurance, car costs, college, etc. To keep 20+ people in today's lifestyles and expectations would cost a bomb, hence why they do all the programmes! You'd never be able to pay for it without media coverage.

I completely agree! I thought I was the only one that felt this way. I read about it the other day and was so upset! It seems so easy for all of them! Fingers crossed for all of us!

I love that show and am super excited for the new season to start up next month. I am so happy for Jill and Derrick! They are very lucky :) I would feel terrible for any of the Duggar children to struggle with infertility coming from such a large family...that would be so sad. I've struggled with fertility issues and wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

I hope all you ladies get your BFP's very soon! Keep at it :)

Just read this article: https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrit...-star-so-grateful-for-little-blessing-2014228

"Both of us want as many kids as God will give us," Duggar previously told ABC News back in April. "My parents have kept popping them out so we'll see how [our] fertility is!"

Sounds like she wants 20 kids too :dohh:

Ooooyyyyyyyy. I don't wish infertility upon anyone (well... those who shouldn't procreate, lol) but geezy pete. Might as well be a contest to see who bares the most children :p

19 Kids? That is just crazy.

19 Kids? That is just crazy.
Now-a-days it is. No way anyone could afford that, even if they do have a TV show... they can't be getting that much income from it.

I think it was estimated at least in the US that the average parent spends over $500,000 on 1 child till they are 18.

I9 kids = millions O.O

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"