19 months tomorrow

Samantha675

Maybe baby #3?!?
Reaction score
Wow, how time does fly. My son will be 19 months tomorrow. He is still such a booby boy and right now I am struggling with BFing. While I am not ready to ween him, I am ready to give up night nursing, and he is just not having it. :dohh: It is very frustrating.

I feel for you! That's kind of my position at the moment - would be nice to stop through the night. My h/v just suggested letting my OH go in to settle her instead of me. I know if we decide to do that it will involve a LOT of crying, probably for all 3 of us :) Don't know if I'm strong enough for that...

Well done though, good going :D

Well done on such an amazing start to your LO's life! Wow!
I completely understand about the attraction of night weaning. There's a great set of ideas on it here: https://www.llli.org/NB/NBMayJune04p106.html.

The problem is that the end of night feeds may not mean the end of night wakings.... Sorry. Many, many toddlers carry on waking at night (regardless of whether or not they are breastfed) and this can carry on, even get worse, throughout the second year.... you really didn't want to hear that! There are some gentle ideas for how to deal with it here: https://www.pantley.com/elizabeth/books/0071381392.php - I hope some of these help.

Mel

Mel, if his night wakings get worse I will lose my mind. Brenn only sleeps 2-3 hours at a time, period. It doesn't matter what we do, or what we try. He is just a shitty sleeper.

That is awesome that your still going strong with breastfeeding! Goodluck with the night feeds. We stopped nursing Valerie around 14 months old and even now at almost 20 months old she still wakes up to have a drink of water 2-3 times a night. Like Mel said, the night-waking never ends! LoL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->