1cm dialated!!

19Mommy

Monicas Mommy
Reaction score
:) FINALLY!! It feels like the end could be in sight.. My doctor checked today and I'm 1cm dilated!! Ive been feeling a lot of pressure down low that's uncomfortable but no contractions. How long do you guys think I have? shes my first

OMG I'd be freaking out since you're not even full term yet!!

But I've heard that you can be dialated FOREVER before anything happens, or it can start pretty soon after so there's really no telling. Every baby and every pregnancy is different

With my first I was dilated 1 cm for two weeks before my water broke, but then I was only 4 days early. You can be dilated for 1 cm and then go straight to 4 in a day, or you can be 1 cm for weeks before anything happens. Unfortunately there are no real clues as to when birth will happen, kinda like symptom spotting during the 2 week wait, haha, you can symptom spot all you want but nothing will tell you until you start having real contractions (or water breaks). Not trying to be a downer, i just remember the last couple weeks last time seeming way longer because I was convinced it would come any day and it didn't!

With my first baby I was 1 cm till I was induced at 41 weeks. But every body is different. Fx'ed that labor isn't too far off.

I am 1cm too, according to my midwife it isn't a reason to get very excited, sorry xx

It could be today, it could be 5 weeks from now... I've been dilated since 36 weeks, I'm 1 day shy of 40 weeks now. I've heard of ladies being 5cm dilated for weeks! Hopefully your LO hangs on for a couple more weeks at least but comes on time :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->