1cm dilated and only haveing mild pains :(

lewood88

Mom of 2 expecting #3
Reaction score
i was haveing slight contractions last night so went up triage and was on a monitor but my contractions was all over the place, so the midwife wanted to see if my cervix was ready and she said my cervix wasnt high and slightly forward and i was 1cm dilated, but today im still haveing the same pains as last night but no progression how can i speed it up or help myself dilate more???

I don't really have any advice, I am also one cm but am only 35 weeks so I'm not trying to move anything along yet. I have had mild pains but just like period cramps, it could still be a while before you go into full blown labor. I know that's not what you want to hear, so you could try a birth ball if you have one, and walking, but I think it's just a whole lot of waiting.

Hey hun! how are things getting on? xxxx :hugs:

Everyone kept telling me lots of walking and sex but honestly nothing will work unless your body is ready to be in labor I was 1in a half from 29 to 35wks and 3centimeters from 35 to 37wks before I went into active labor and at 4 my contractions were still all over the place good luck :)

Sorry to tell you that I was 1 cm for 3 weeks before DD was born! If you are getting pains it means things are going in the right direction though... And any dilation is good... Some woman get to 42 weeks without any x

awwww hun!! i hope things get going for you soon :hugs:

any one been in this situation???

Honestly, it sounds like you are just getting ready.
With my last baby, I was having regular contractions at 5 min apart. I was 2 cm for a month.

I am only 1 cm today and having irradic contractions.

To speed things up, you should walk, get a massage-especially on your feet(go get a pedicure) and sex. Uncomfy sex though.It has to be enough to hit your cervix and get things going which may be uncomfy. Don't do anything that hurts too much and if you feel it is too uncomfy-don't do it. Dont' do anything beyond your limits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->