1st AF after m/c - sorry TMI

Discussion in 'Miscarriage Support' started by The Stick, Aug 31, 2009.

1. The Stick

The Stick Mummy to 4

Hi ladies hope no-one minds me asking but I was wandering what your experiences are of your 1st AF after m/c?

The reason I am asking is that mine has started today 29 days after the first day of bleeding with m/c and it's quited different so far with what was normal for me. I am having quite alot of pain yet the loss isn't all that heavy so far. Yesturday I had a little brown stringy stuff and brownish stuff on tissue when I wiped. Today I have had alot more dark brown stuff with dark red blood mixed in - sorry TMI. It's no where near as heavy as the pain I am getting would indicate, so I am a little confused - is this my AF?
    I know my first AF after m/c might not be normal but just wondered what some of you guys went through.

If it helps answer my question my m/c was at 4w5days 4 weeks ago yesturday (and was natural). I had little bleeding and it only lasted 3 days, with one day of brown spotting a few days later. I have had normal cervical fluid from then up until yesturday.

Thanks for taking the time to read this :flower:

2. fluffyblue

fluffyblue Loving being mommy

Hi hun, mine was heavier and longer than normal had some pain but not to much that couldnt be treated with painkillers. It came exactly 30 days after D&C.

My first one lasted 6 days whereas I am usually 4/5 days - think maybe your body just getting rid of the rest of the lining.

Hope you be ok xx

3. Amos2009

Amos2009 Well-Known Member

I am going through my first AF right now- it started with light spotting on day 34 after my D&C....had 3 full, heavy bleeding days, then yesterday and today hardly anything. Pain has not been too bad like it was before my pregnancy. Guess that means she will knock me down next month...Maybe I will just get pregnant and not have to deal with her....yeah...that's what I will do. Trying to get some PMA :)

4. ladypotter

ladypotter Three Girls!!!

Hi and sorry for your loss. By what you are describing and saying (that you didn't have much loss of blood or clotting during your mc last month), I would bet that all the stuff you are seeing/feeling right now is both mix of residual lining and new period. My first AF's after both my D&C a few years ago and my natural mc were both a little wonky. It may take a couple cycles to clear it up. Good luck to you..

5. fuffyburra

fuffyburra Hattie Flower's mummy :)

I'm also experiencing my first AF after m/c, and mine has also been brown and stringy, and I passed one tiny piece of lining or tissue or something, which I think is just some leftover from the m/c (sorry, this is TMI, but gotta be done lol). As far as pain is concerned it's been a doddle compared to the usual "vomitting-fainting-doubled up in pain" fiasco I normally go through! Might just be as Amos says - she's going to get me next month :S

6. Rainstar

Rainstar Mommy of a sleeping angel

I had a mmc at 7.5 weeks and decided to go for natural management. My AF took 42days to show up and then didn't come again for 4 months and have been reassured that sometimes it just takes time to get back to normal. My first AF after mmc was a bit like yours, It was also really good for me but she did come and get me 4 months later, sickness, shaking, on the floor in pain kind of thing (but thats normal for me).

7. The Stick

The Stick Mummy to 4

Hi

Thanks for your replies. As it happened my AF got really heavy that afternoon (well heavy for me) and the pain was terrible, by the evening on the first day I was having what can only be described as mini contractions!! Yesturday was a little better heavy but less pain and today it's jus a light flow with on/off light pain.

I am trying to be positive about this and I am hoping that my body has had a good 'clean out' and I will go onto to get a Peak on my CBFM this cycle - well we can all in hope can't we? LOL xx

8. tinadecember

tinadecember Mummy to Evie and TTC

hey hun just incase you didnt know.. there is quite a big thread on here all about periods after a miscarriage with lots of womens experiences.

my first period after my loss didnt arrive until 9 weeks after my d&c. it was a lot heavier than normal but pain free also my cycles have changed from 28 days to 33 days. its surprising what being pregnant can do to your body.

it sounds like af is on her way to me hun... it may get heavier in the next couple of days or you may just be lucky and have a nice light period!!

xx